- Report: #934287
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: 1800Buys.com
1800Buys.com3560 Olinville Ave Bronx, New York United States of America
1800Buys.com Worst Online Company Ever-Not Worth the "Savings" Bronx, New York
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1. I purchased a queen bedroom set on 7/22. I was given a delivery date of 7/31 between the hours of 2-7pm. The items never arrived.
2. 1800buys refused to give me any information regarding what happened or when I would receive the delivery until 8/3. While Alex Collado from 1800buys stayed in constant communication with me-he was purposely evasive and misleading about the status of my order. 1800buys told me in writing that they would be refunding me the cost of the shipping.
3. Once I was provided with a tracking number on 8/3 (which showed a delivery date of 8/16) I told Alex that I did not want to wait that long for my items (that I paid for in full) to arrive. He assured me, in writing, numerous times that the date given was only an estimate and that the furniture would arrive much, much sooner.
4. As time went on, the date on the tracking number did not change. I contacted Alex and threatened to cancel my order and report the business as fraudulent. Alex took the time to call me and said "I am not supposed to tell you this-but 1800buys will be paying for this order in full because of all the problems we have had. We want to keep you as a customer and do not want to be reported" I was shocked at this offer but gladly accepted and proceeded to email Alex, thanking him for doing the right thing and that I would be a returning customer.
5. The order did not arrive until 6:30 am on 8/17.
6. I did not get a chance to open the boxes until 8/19 because I had to leave for work. Once I did, I noticed that a support brace for one of the drawers on the dresser was broken and that the nightstand was missing hardware. I immediately took pictures and sent them to Alex-who responded and said his manager would be in touch with me that day. I did not hear from George until 8/22.
7. Alex, George, and management have denied Alex's offer to pay for the entire purchase. I received an email from management on 8/23 stating that they did not believe that Alex made such a promise and that they would credit the cost of shipping and replaced the damaged items.
8. It is 8/29-nearly two weeks since I finally received the furniture and noted that it was damaged. I have yet to be contacted regarding the replacement and when it is coming. In addition, it is almost a month since I was promised to have the shipping credited back to my account-I have yet to receive that.
I have 50+ emails documenting my experience with 1800buys. It has been the worst online purchasing experience I have ever had.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2012 11:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1800Buyscom/Bronx-New-York-/1800Buyscom-Worst-Online-Company-Ever-Not-Worth-the-Savings-Bronx-New-York-934287. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.