Complaint Review: 1800FLOWERS

• Submitted: Wed, February 22, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, March 31, 2012

• Reported By: VINCE IN HOUSTON — Houston Texas United States of America
1800FLOWERS

1800FLOWERS 1800flowers.com 1800FLOWERS - SO DECEPTIVE - WHAT A RIPOFF Internet, Internet

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Big business does not care

I ordered an Iris & Tulip bouquet on Feb 16th to be delivered Feb21st. Checked on their web status daily to see how the order was doing. The link to "order tracking" always took me to an UNKNOWN FedEx tracking with no status.

Called them the day before the delivery was supposed to occur.(Feb20th) Operator told me that there wouldn't be any tracking information until the flowers were in FedEx possession. It made somewhat sense so I hanged up and waited for the next day.(Delivery day)

So, on Feb21st I find out the order was never delivered. Called Customer Service again. The operator told me they had attempted to call me to tell me that they didn't have availability for the bouquet I ordered(Why do you sell items you don't have available?!) If this happens to you with ANY florist, ask for an immediate refund! I foolishly asked them to solve the problem. [continued below]....
..... Customer Service offered another bouquet, which I did not like. I started looking for other equivalent bouquets. My original expense was about $54. I chose a Tulip bouquet worth $59.99. I clearly stated "Yes, the 30 stem 59.99 bouquet." To which the operator answered "Yes sir, sorry for the inconvenience, I will give you a 50% credit/refund and a 20$ gift card".

Feb22nd, the delivery occurs. The recipient thanks me and sends me two pictures of the bouquet. When I saw the pictures I was FUMING! It was mostly green stuff, very few flowers. So I ask the recipient to tell me how many tulips were delivered. She says, 15.

Wrote an email to customer service, told them I'll never buy again from them. Finished, finito. don't let them do this to you. Do not fall for the pictures, do not fall for the condecending, cheap psychology of the customer service operators!  If you want something well done, do it yourself. Go to a local Florist, choose the bouquet, and personally take it to your loved one.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2012 06:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1800FLOWERS/internet/1800FLOWERS-1800flowerscom-1800FLOWERS-SO-DECEPTIVE-WHAT-A-RIPOFF-Internet-Internet-843100. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1800FLOWERS

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Big business does not care

AUTHOR: Robyn - (United States of America)

1800Flowers does not care about you or your personal reason for buying flowers. They are a billion dollar company that constantly has money going in and money going out. People call or order online thinking they are getting what they see as pictured. Truth is, you'll be lucky if you get anything at all. Save your time, money and frustration and find a local florist. If you don't have a local florist, look for stores nearby where you can buy fresh flowers and make and hand deliver your own arrangements. I honestly don't understand why people are still placing orders with this company.