Complaint Review: 1800Flowers

• Submitted: Thu, February 14, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, February 14, 2013

• Reported By: RW — Los Angeles California United States of America

1800Flowers 1800flowers.com I ordered Flowers, Chocolate, & a teddy bear for Valentines & got nothing at all. Internet

I ordered a whole expensive package for my girlfriend for valentines that included Roses, chocolate, & a teddy bear. The delivery was guaranteed and I paid extra to make sure it made it on valentines day (nothing showed up).

I called up 1800flowers, stayed on the phone for 2 hours and was told "I'm sorry we can't help you, and I can't tell you where your order is, or where the order is coming from". I called the flower shop (I have investigators that work for me) and spoke to them (Conroys flower shop in North Hollywood on Victory blvd) and they didn't know where the drivers were or are and said call me at 7pm and ill know more. I explained that she gets off at 5pm and I was hung up on.

I went online to 1800flowers to track my order. I saw at 529pm that they "attempted to deliver" at 505pm (even though my girlfriend was still at work at 530pm. They never showed up. This is the first and last time I will ever use this unreliable service. [continued below]....
..... To hear the excuse "it's valentines day" is the weakest dumbest excuse I have ever heard! You have a whole year to prepare for all these orders, and if you cannot fulfill these orders - Don't take our money!!!!

So at 730 pm someone from 1800Flowers calls in the middle of dinner and says "we're sorry we were not able to deliver your flowers" I said no s**t! I'm sitting in front of a pissed off girlfriend and now your calling to ruin our dinner too? I asked for a full refund and an email stating I am getting that refund. The email I got said the following: Unfortunately, we were unable to deliver your thoughtful gift due to one of the following reasons: 1. The recipient's address is either inaccurate/incomplete (i.e. missing apartment or suite number) 2. The recipient's contact information is missing This is a complete LIE! They had the whole address, my money, her and my phone number as well as email address. Here's the thing, when you screw up, admit it!

Thanks 1800Flowers for ruining our valentines day! I would like to get a lawyer and file a class action lawsuit against you people! I demand my money back as well as an apology from your CEO! Your business is weak, your deliver status updates are weak, your whole concept is flawed and you need to find a way to not screw people over! Next stop is BBB complaint as well as a letter to law makers to make this fraud known. I will also speak to folks over at the news channels to put your scam on full blast!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2013 10:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1800Flowers/internet/1800Flowers-1800flowerscom-I-ordered-Flowers-Chocolate-a-teddy-bear-for-Valentines--1014607. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1800Flowers