Complaint Review: 1800Flowers

Internet U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-356-9377
  • Web:
  • Category: Florists

1800Flowers Does Not Follow Through On Its Deliveries, Guarantees Or Promises!! Ripoff! No flowers delivered!! Promises not kept!! Internet

*Consumer Comment: Rebuttal to "Rebuttal" #1

*Consumer Comment: I had a good experience with them

On Tuesday, January 31, 2006, 2005 we ordered flowers to be sent to our Daughter's father for Valentine.

We ordered flowers before 14 days prior and were guaranteed that he would receive them on Velentine's day. But on Valentine's day, we did not hear anything from him about the flowers. The next day, I asked him if he received it. He said no. It was so embarrassing! I ended up buying flowers at local grocery store and giving him my apology.

I then called 1800Flowers and spoke to a girl. She was not even apologetic, she even wants to re-order it. It defeats the purpose! Valentine's Day is Feb 14, NOT Feb 15 or 16 or 17. Then she said she was going to refund the money. But I have not gotten the money yet!

I am very disappointed with 800 Flowers.

Beware! Never trust their guarantees! Their promises are not worth the cyber space they are written on!

Jenny
Ledyard, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2006 02:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1800Flowers/internet/1800Flowers-Does-Not-Follow-Through-On-Its-Deliveries-Guarantees-Or-Promises-Ripoff-No-176386. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1800Flowers

Rebuttal to "Rebuttal" #1

AUTHOR: Metro Denver Couriers - (USA)

Ahhh, "Courtney" saves the day and rights the 'wrong' done to 1800 Flowers. Give me a break. This "rebuttal" has "1 800" written all over it. Or maybe "Courtney" just happened to be 'passing by'. These wire services operate like the freaking mafia. Except even the mafia wouldn't try to pass that one off as genuine. They usually aren't that dumb. Here's a piece of advice to everyone out there ordering flowers. Find a reputable flower shop (and do some research in determining that the shop is an actual, tangible store) and deal with them directly. And never use your debit card. When you click on a site online- chances are you are dealing with an 'order gatherer' (just another unnecessary layer of profit skimmers... for doing nothing except passing along an order that didn't need to 'stop' at them anyway). And 1 800 is a joke enough even without them. Those small, independent shops will give you the best value- and keep them in business long enough to compete with these wire services that play florists against each other. Have a nice day, "Courtney".

I had a good experience with them

AUTHOR: Courtney - (U.S.A.)

At the end of January I ordered a flower arrangement online for my sisters' birthday, to be delivered to her job on February 10. The day of, I called and informed them that she is a teacher and would only be there until 2:30 or 3:00. (I had forgotten to mention that when I ordered.) It was 1:15 when I called their customer service number and explained this to the woman who answered. She put me on hold and immediately called the local florest who was delivering the flowers, and they took the bouquet straight to her school. The lady was VERY helpful and sweet, and so was the florist. My sister got her flowers, and she was very happy with them!

It definitely sucks that your order wasn't delivered. Valentine's Day is obviously very busy for florists, but it sounds as though you ordered in plenty of time. I would recommend giving the company one more chance; everybody makes mistakes. I am sorry that the woman you spoke with was rude, but those types are everywhere. Good Luck in the future!

readily