Complaint Review: 1800flowers

• Submitted: Tue, March 03, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, September 03, 2009

• Reported By:Memphis Tennessee
1800flowers
One Old Country Road, Suite 500 Carle Place, New York U.S.A.

1800flowers They look NOTHING like the do in the picture. Carle Place New York

* : Same thing happened to me.

My husband recently ordered flowers for me from 1800flowers.com. The arrangement was over $70, and the arrangement was called "ELEGANT WISHES(TM)-MEDIUM(#17560M)". The description online line listed several types of flowers that it would include. I do understand that it may not look exactly like the photo and that not all flowers may be available. However, the arrangement that I received only included 2 of the 7 listed in the description. The two types included were roses and lilies. However, there were only 3 roses and 2 lilies, not like the photo which shows a lot more. The other flowers were very cheap filler flowers.

They do not deliver what they say they represent on their website, not even close.

Memphis1
Memphis, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2009 07:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1800flowers/Carle-Place-New-York-11514/1800flowers-They-look-NOTHING-like-the-do-in-the-picture-Carle-Place-New-York-430207. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1800flowers

#1

Same thing happened to me.

AUTHOR: Christyna - (USA)

My parents ordered a floral arrangement for me in celebration of a major life event.  When it arrived, I was surprised and happy to have recieved flowers, but shocked at the quality.  There was no way that my parents would order such a cheap looking arrangement.  I called to thank them for the flowers, and assured her they looked great, and then promptly went on their website.  They had ordered the " Serene Green" bouquet -- which was described as the freshest carnations, Gerbera daisies, Asiatic lilies, daisy poms, button poms and more, all in gorgeous shades of green and white and arranged by our select florists in a  clear glass gathering vase accented with raffia, measuring 8" high.

What arrived was 3/4th ferns/baby's breath and 1/4th daisy poms.  It was in a cheap looking 5 inch vase....looking nothing like what was on the website and including nothing that was on the website.

I called customer service and explained that the delivery looked nothing like what was ordered, and that it was all cheap filler, and that I was disatisfied, and the woman (after 25 minutes) agreed to redeliver the the order the next day.  When the delivery guy stopped by, he demanded that I return the previous day's delivery.  I told him I threw it out, and he gave me my correct bouquet.

I think the biggest problem with 1800flowers is when they use individual florist to deliver/arrange flowers.  They have awful customer service, sure, but the real issue is when they use florist who try to cut corners to make money.  If I hadn't of known that the person sending me flowers would not have picked out something so awful looking, I would never have called to complain.

I won't be using 1800flowers again, unless its for fresh cut flowers shipped directly to the recipient.