Complaint Review: 1800flowers.com

• Submitted: Thu, September 24, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, September 24, 2009

• Reported By: Anonymous — Akron Ohio USA
1800flowers.com Internet United States of America

1800flowers.com The Popcorn Factory, Madison & Co., 1800Flowers.com, Unlawful termination, Internet

Worked for 1800flowers.com over the Mother's Day weekend, and totally enjoyed the work.  As I am partially disabled, the ability to work from home was a god-send.

Was hired as a "core agent" in August, 2009; went through 2 different week-long training classes.  The first was as an agent for 1800flowers.com; the second as an agent for The Popcorn Factory.

Began taking calls for The Popcorn Factory on August 31, 2009.  Received a call from a customer on September 21, 2009 who was very rude, would not let me complete a sentence, was irritated that she had placed an order the prior week with a rep who knew exactly what she wanted and why was I having a problem?  Explained to her that I was new, asked for help from my manager via the AOL chatroom, was told where to look.  Unfortunately, the website was VVVVEEEERRRRYYYY slow to load for us home agents.  Customer ended up mad and told me to get the needed info and call her back, which I did.

Today, while working, received a call from my manager telling me that this customer had called Corporate and complained that I didn't know what I was doing, was eating while working (which I never did) and that she could hear a dog barking in the background.  Based on her complaint, I was immediately terminated.

I will be contacting a lawyer very soon because I don't think my termination was fair.  Would never work for this company again, but feel that they were very wrong to fire me based on the complaint from ONE nasty customer!!

Just want to warn any potential employees of this problem.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2009 01:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1800flowerscom/internet/1800flowerscom-The-Popcorn-Factory-Madison-Co-1800Flowerscom-Unlawful-termination-499922. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1800flowers.com