Complaint Review: 1.99 Cleaners

• Submitted: Mon, September 12, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, November 22, 2011

• Reported By: Steve — Tampa Florida United States of America
1.99 Cleaners
1913 E Bearss Avenue Ste. 100 A, Tampa, FL 33613 Tampa, Florida United States of America

1.99 Cleaners 1.99 Cleaners Tampa 1.99 Cleaners will treat you badly and ruin your clothes Tampa, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Agree 1.99 cleaners horrible

*Author of original report: 1.99 Cleaners Tampa: Absolutley worst dry cleaners...EVER.

Absolutley worst dry cleaners...EVER.

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2011 02:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/199-Cleaners/Tampa-Florida-33613/199-Cleaners-199-Cleaners-Tampa-199-Cleaners-will-treat-you-badly-and-ruin-your-clothes-775808. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1.99 Cleaners

Agree 1.99 cleaners horrible

AUTHOR: ChairmanJW - (USA)

Used them at their land o lakes location. Numerous times had to redo the clothes because they didn't clean them. Brand new shirt they scorched with and iron and broke buttons. Lost suit pants and refused to replace them. Owner is a real jag off and manager is just a punk.

1.99 Cleaners Tampa: Absolutley worst dry cleaners...EVER.

AUTHOR: Steve T - (United States of America)

Absolutley worst dry cleaners...EVER.  First of all they say that they only accept cash or check (there is a reason, keep reading) so when I go there to pick up my clothes, they wont accept my check as the address does not match my drivers lisence (since I moved 3 monthes ago but still have 2 boxe of checks). So they didnt accept my check and I had to run to an ATM to get cash to pay for it. When I got back the owner was extremely rude, I inspected my clothes and noticed a cut/tear on the back of the collar of a dress shirt. The cut was obviosly done with something sharp, and was about 3-4" long and all the way through the collar. So they at first say that they are going to keep the shirt and inspect it, then the cashier brings me her cell phone with the owner on it, claiming that was the first time I was there, nothing they had could have cut my shirt, and if I want to do anything about it I can take her to small claims court. I then said that their business practices were ridiculous and I would NEVER return, she then started screaming at me over the phone and told me to leave the property or she was going to call  the cops and have me arrested for trespassing. All of this happened in a matter of 20 minutes, my entire clothing drop off... the quality of cleaning, pressing, and care was horrible, out of 23 items 6 of them had issues (tears, stains, or just bad cleaning). I would not reccomend this dry cleaner, I would actually warn people of it; DO NOT GO HERE UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR STUFF RUINED AND RECIEVE  HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!