Complaint Review: 1.Online@promo.org /signed By: Shelly Martins, 2.Williams Wilcox/Free Lotto Award Claim & Releas

• Submitted: Tue, February 12, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, February 12, 2008

• Reported By:Chicago Illinois
Central Pk Est/Mosley Rd. Trafford Park Manchester, MI7 ITT UKhttp://webmail34032 Trafford Park Manchester,, United Kingdom, Internet Ukraine

1.Online@promo.org /signed By: Shelly Martins, 2.Williams Wilcox/Free Lotto Award Claim & Release Dp 1. Claimed me as a random lottery winner for $917,956.00 USD, to list personal infor., 2. claimed to be Courier Co. who will make delivery, but must pay insurance company before delivery from United Kingdom Ins. firm. Delivery pkg. w/o insur. being illegal. Insurance is the Int'l. law guiding authentic delivery of deplomatic document. Giving a deadline of 2 wks.. Trafford Park Manchester, MI7 ITT United Kingdom Internet

On February 11, 2008, The first emial I received was from Online @promo.org, stating I was a randomly picked winner by software powered by the internet. That 18 emails addresses were selected and that I was one of the 18, in the amount of $500.000.00 G.B.P., equivelant to $917,956.00 USD. That I was to contact Financial Controller w/my info. requested to a Mr. William Wilcox email: wilcoxoffice@gmail.com, for clearance

Information requested was: Full names, Address, Age, Sex, Marital status, Occupation, Phone No., Country.. This was signed "Yours Faithfully" Shelly Martins, Lottery Coordinator.

I was excited, and had no doubt about the email because I did believed that a random pick was possible, and also because I had signed up for contests and that sort of info. to be sent to me before. That is why I really persued the rest of the info. they were asking for.

The second email came early afternoon, this same day, from a William Wilcox , addressed to me with a subject of "Courier Deliver of Your Winning Funds" from FREE LOTTO AWARD CLAIMS & RELEASE DEPT. in which they stated they had been informed by FREE LOTTO AWARD to anticipate my message. that my information had been verified and confirmed to relate a parcel with cheque bearing the affirm name valued the sum of 500,000.00 GBP, Congatulations, that a checque was issued in my name.

They gave me an order# to send the Courier Co., w/full details so that they can get in tourch with me. They stated "Most Importantly", the parcel needed to be insured the the Insurance Co, as contents had to be insured in the United Kingdom Ins. firm, before delivery due to diplomatic content of package being delivered, and that without insurance it would be illegal.
That the insurance was the international law guiding the authentic delivery of diplomatic document.

They also reminded me that there was a deadline for claiming winnings, and that was two weeks after receipt the email.

I have not received a phone call from them just yet, I am thinking it will probably be until tomorrow. After thinking it over, and reading the emails they sent me, over a few times, I realized it must be a scam, as I found many mistakes in the emails,such as wording, pronounciations, and other mistakes that I know a reputable company would not make, especially a courier company asking for the same info. that the "supposedly" Lotto Company already had. In this case the lotto company would just forward the info. to the Courier for delivery? Right? If I do recieve a call tommorrow, what do you suggest I tell them? I would like for them to be caught right away, and put to jail... Just Concerned

Esperanza
Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2008 12:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1Onlinepromoorg-signed-By-Shelly-Martins-2Williams-WilcoxFree-Lotto-Award-Claim-Releas/Trafford-Park-Manchester-United-Kingdom-Internet-MI7-ITT-UK/1Onlinepromoorg-signed-By-Shelly-Martins-2Williams-WilcoxFree-Lotto-Award-Claim--308171. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1.Online@promo.org /signed By: Shelly Martins, 2.Williams Wilcox/Free Lotto Award Claim & Releas