Complaint Review: (1)Wheelers Las Vegas RV (2) Keystone RV

• Submitted: Thu, January 30, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, January 30, 2003

• Reported By:Las Vegas Nevada
(1)Wheelers Las Vegas RV (2) Keystone RV
(1)Wheelers / 13175 Las VegasBlvd. So. / (2)Keystone / 3000 Westgate Las Vegas, Pendelton, Nevada U.S.A.

Wheelers Las Vegas RV & Keystone RV ripoff would not honor warranty Las Vegas Pendelton Nevada Oregon Indiana

I bought a new $20,000 fith wheel trailer (RV) last April 1st, 2002, with a 1 year warranty. I stored the trailer last August,after using it several times. I drained the water system and left the facets open. The kitchen sink was fine at this time. I went to use the RV at Thanksgiving time only to find the bottom broken out of the sink.

The only thing I can come up with is extreme heat in the trailer causing the sink to break. I called the dealer and told the sevice manager - Mike Baker of the problem. The sales brochure stated that the RV came with a stainless steel sink, which it didn't. It came with a plastic sink. I requested a stainless steel replacement. I was told to call the Keysone factory in Oregon and talk to them about a possible change out.

I talked to "Bill" / Keystone about my warranty problem. He said the stainless steel sink had been discontinued and that they had never had any problem with the plastic ones. He told me to take the trailer into Wheelers so they could take pictures and measure for a new one.

I took the trailer in to Wheelers for repair. I got the feeling right away from Mike Baker that he thought I wanted something for nothing and that Wheelers wasn't going to do any thing about it. He called the next day and stated that the factory in Oregon,(Bill) had denied my request for warranty repairs. Stating that the damage was inconsistant with a manufacturing defect. Also, that the repairs would be $180 for a new sink and $400 for the labor. I told him I would talk toan attonery and pick up my trailer.

Later I talked to the sink manufacture and He shipped me a new sink for free and requested the old one back so he can study the defect/breakage. I have to install my self which is all i wanted in the begining so the I wouldn't have to deal with wheelers Las Vegas RV.

Guy
Las Vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2003 07:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1Wheelers-Las-Vegas-RV-2-Keystone-RV/Las-Vegas-Pendelton-Nevada-89110-97081/Wheelers-Las-Vegas-RV-Keystone-RV-ripoff-would-not-honor-warranty-Las-Vegas-Pendelton-Ne-43518. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on (1)Wheelers Las Vegas RV (2) Keystone RV