Complaint Review: 1and1, 1 AND 1 Internet, 1and1.com, 1and1.co.uk, ONEANDONE, ONE AND ONE INTERNET

• Submitted: Mon, February 23, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, February 23, 2009

• Reported By:city Iowa
701 Lee Road, Suite 300 Chesterbrook, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

1and1, 1 AND 1 Internet, 1and1.com, 1and1.co.uk, ONEANDONE1and1, 1 AND 1 Internet, 1and1.com, 1and1.co.uk, ONEANDONE, ONE AND ONE INTERNET Mulitple charges for every domains in my account. Costed me thousands of dollars! Chesterbrook Pennsylvania

I owns hundreds of domains with 1and1. I wanted to organize my domains within my account with different folders (1and1 calls it packages), so I first asked the support if this will cost me any money. I was told that it is not going to cost anything since it is all under my user ID.
So I pushed the domains from one package to another, and guess what happened after organizing a portfolio of hundreds of domain names.... I was charged thousands of dollars. Pushing domains at all other firms cost nothing, not a penny. 1and1 charges the pushing as transfer, but without adding any year to the registration.
Another thing about this company is that they have a contact date, and they charge you on both the contact date and renewal date for domain names. For example, if you register a domain on 1/1/06 with GoDaddy, and transfer it to 1and1 on 6/1/07. 1and1 will charge you on both 1/1/08 and 6/1/08 for renewing one year of domain. This happens to me many many times; unless you email or call them, they will not refund any money for the duplicate charges.
What about the thousands of dollars 1and1 overcharges me for pushing the domains within my account?? After calling the company many times and being on the phone with so many representatives (at least an hour per call for the last 5 times), I was only told that they will investigate but really no one is doing a thing to help me at all. So, beware if you are new to domain name business or looking for a hosting company. Never ever use this company called 1and1.

1and1scam
city, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2009 09:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1and1-1-AND-1-Internet-1and1com-1and1couk-ONEANDONE-ONE-AND-ONE-INTERNET/Chesterbrook-Pennsylvania-19087/1and1-1-AND-1-Internet-1and1com-1and1couk-ONEANDONE1and1-1-AND-1-Internet-1and1c-427782. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1and1, 1 AND 1 Internet, 1and1.com, 1and1.co.uk, ONEANDONE, ONE AND ONE INTERNET