Complaint Review: 1and1 Internet

• Updated: Tue, June 18, 2013

• Reported By: clist — Garland Texas
1and1 Internet
701 Lee Road, Suite 300 Chesterbrook, Pennsylvania USA

1and1 Internet 1&1.com OneAndOne.com One%One.com After 6 years as customer One and One decides to scam me. Dishonest. Unscrupulous. Rude. Chesterbrook Pennsylvania

I was a customer of 1&1 for six years.  I paid for several domains, including a church.  When the church domain came up for renewal this year they requested a registrar transfer.  They requested the transfer which 1and1 completed on 06 June 2013.  The invoice for $19.99 three year renewal  was dated 06 June 2013.  As the transfer completed on June 05 I thought nothing more of the matter.   Fortunately the credit card account I had on file with 1and1 expired earlier.

On June 17, 2013 I received a suspension notice for my other domains.  Attached to the notice was an invoice for my primary domain in the amount of $9.95 due in May and a line item for $19.99 for the transferred domain with a billing date of 17 June 2013 and a due date of 18 June 2013.

I called one and one to dioscuss the matter.  A woman pulled the account and stated that the billing was not correct and that the domain had renewed on 06 June 2013 so I was therefore owed $19.99.  I pointed out that the domain had transferred by that time and that they were billing me for a service that they did not provide now or at the time of billing.  I asked her what I would get for $19.99 and she told me I would get nothing.  I pointed out that this was theft.  She told me that I should send an email to billing@1and1.com as they were the highest billing authority (here I thought the IRS was the highest billing authority).  I asked that she issue a credit which she refused.  I then stated that I would place the billing records as well as our conversation on the internet.  She became agitated and yelled that if I was recording her call she would transfer me.  End of call.

Next I sent a complaint to billing@1and1.com.  I noted my years as a customer and stated that I did not dispute the $9.95 but that the attached invoice clearly showed the $19.95 due on 18 June 2013, some 13 days after they trasferred the domain.  As a matter of fairness they should have simply issued a credit and resumed normal service on my personal domain.  Within 24 hours the declined in email.

This is a small amount.  The customer relationship was longstanding and I offerred to pay for what I would receive.  The behaviour of one and one is unethical as best and plainly stupid at worst.  This is a firm which abuses customers and uses it's provider service to extort money for services they admit they cannot serve.

I shall be filing a fraud complaint with the Pennsylvania Attoprney General as well as the U.S. Attorney's Office.  I encourage you to file a criminal complaint against 1and1.com if they are attempting to defraud you.  This is not a billing error.  This is a legitimate business that resorts to extortion and fraud as an income source.

DISHONEST. CRIMINAL. INTERNET FRAUD & EXTORTION AS A BUSINESS MODEL.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2013 05:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1and1-Internet/Chesterbrook-Pennsylvania-19087/1and1-Internet-11com-OneAndOnecom-OneOnecom-After-6-years-as-customer-One-and-One-de-1059928. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1and1 Internet