Complaint Review: 1and1

• Submitted: Sun, January 29, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, January 29, 2012

• Reported By: Suzann — St. Louis Missouri United States of America
1and1

1and1 Changed my plan without permission, agreed to change it back to get my CC info and billed me for the higher plan anyway. Internet

I have been with this company for many years and was billed steadily for the 4.99 a month plan until last July when they decided to upgrade my plan to their 6.99 month plan without consulting me.  I told them I did not want an upgrade and that I would not give them my CC information unless they agreed to return my plan to the older one.  They agreed and I submitted my CC information and then they billed me for the upgraded plan deliberately against my will.  After several emails they agreed to the smaller plan but they never refunded me the difference.  Now it is time for the re-billing and they are still charging me for the up-graded plan.  I do not know if they just think they got away with it last time and are going to get away with it again but after seeing all the trouble people are having with cancellation I would like to cancel but I am afraid to.  I am a student and I need to keep my websites active for grading at least until May.  Furthermore Yahoo has suddenly made my email password useless, I am getting NO customer service from that company and so I am also now heavily reliant on my 1and1 web mail. I have neither time nor money for a big run around.  I do not appreciate being blackmailed into paying the higher rate in this manner.  I have not given them any CC information this time but really need some advice as to how to get away from these people unscathed.  I sent them a email reminding them that they over-charged me the last time and they are doing it again but as none of my efforts worked the last time I have a feeling I will have to swallow the extra charges until I can find some way to get out of this trap.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2012 07:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1and1/internet/1and1-Changed-my-plan-without-permission-agreed-to-change-it-back-to-get-my-CC-info-and-830551. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1and1