Complaint Review: 1and1.com internet services

• Updated: Tue, April 27, 2010

• Reported By: Whitee — yerington Nevada United States of America
1and1.com internet services
701 Lee Road, Suite 300 Internet United States of America

1and1.com internet services Domain names, web hosting services, dedicated servers, email hosting, ecommerce, hosting,MS Exchange email services, Internet

1and1.com has taken me for a loop. I mistakenly forgot to check all of the dominant web savvy forums to read all of their BAD reviews. I was looking for a web hosting solution for my website and after various attempts at trying to get a service that was right for me and calls to customer service I found a hosting package that would work with my site. 1and1.com signed me up for a year contract even after calling customer service moments later to tell them I erroneously placed the wrong order. I at one time had 6 or 7 contracts they were billing me for and had to fight tooth and nail to get my money back on those. They sent me to collections in December 2009 which only recently April 26 2010 had I found out. I had received no debt delinquency letters or any request for payment and 1and1 tells me that these probably got sent to my spam account. They sent me to debt collection for one of my accounts all the while collecting a monthly fee for another account I couldn't get out of. My first question was "why did you send me to debt collections when you have been charging my card monthly?". I settled that today and tried to get out of my contract because I had a cancellation email. At first they agreed and then revoked their promise stating I had already received 6 money back guarantees.. This company is a scam please read their TOS VERY CLOSELY *and yes they have quite a few*. I told the billing manager I would pay for what I used but feel I canceled within the 90 day money back guarantee. Apparently every mistake you make binds you to a contract. I also enjoyed how their management dared me to file a complaint with the BBB *their rating is an F btw* Please don't make the same mistake I did. This company has poor business practices and horrible customer service. Google them and you'll see.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2010 01:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1and1com-internet-services/internet/1and1com-internet-services-Domain-names-web-hosting-services-dedicated-servers-email-597404. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1and1.com internet services