Complaint Review: 1and1.com

• Submitted: Mon, October 17, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, October 17, 2011

• Reported By: Deborah — merritt island Florida United States of America
701 Lee Rd Suite 300 Internet United States of America

1and1.com 1 and 1 internet inc. Extortion; if I don't pay up...then I get sent to collections... for a debt that never was. They say IF I pay, then they will let me cancel. Cancel what? We have no contract. Internet, Internet

1and1.com has been sending both emails and letters through the postal service threatening to send me to collections if I don't pay up.  They say that in order to cancel I have to pay first. As far as I am concerned... because I cancelled BEFORE I authorized any transaction... there is/was no contract.  I think this is outright extortion.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2011 12:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1and1com/internet/1and1com-1-and-1-internet-inc-Extortion-if-I-dont-pay-upthen-I-get-sent-to-collecti-789749. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1and1.com