Complaint Review: 1and1.com

• Submitted: Fri, September 24, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, September 24, 2010

• Reported By: Caron — Fort Worth Texas Texas United States of America
1and1.com

1and1.com LIED ABOUT CONTRACT, ABOUT CANCELLATION OF ACCOUNT AND CONTINUES TO BILL MY ACCOUNT AFTER CANCELLATION AND WON'T STOP. Internet

Do not give this company your time, and especially not your credit card. Want facts - I was offered a return of 50% of what they billed me for three months with no explanation. Here are the facts of my account:

Account opened in early June by my web tech
Account closed on June 26th via web tech's phone call. Cancellation notice not verified by email.
Follow up call by web master confirm cancellation
Billing to my account in July - unnoticed by accountant
Billing to my account in August  - noticed and questioned by my accountant
Call by me - billing verified by Viktoria in august complaint call by Dr Goode, who was also told that unless cancellation is done by phone that my account will be billed to 2011.
Followup call by my web master to verify cancellation and request to stop billing and credit account for wrong billing in July and August.
Cancellation of 09-17-2010 verified by email. And notice of complaint to a "dept of billing" where no one person can be verified as to handling this issue.
Accountant noticed that my business was indeed billed again on 09-22-2010.
I called again to speak with Habib who said I must contact the complaint department again.
Complaint department offered to refund 50% of past bills. Did not offer to retract September billing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2010 10:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1and1com/internet/1and1com-LIED-ABOUT-CONTRACT-ABOUT-CANCELLATION-OF-ACCOUNT-AND-CONTINUES-TO-BILL-MY-ACC-644018. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1and1.com