Complaint Review: 1flatrate

• Reported By: Ari100 — Coral Gables Florida United States of America
1flatrate
4037 Phelan Road, Suite a233 Phelan, California United States of America

1flatrate Shipping of car without order Phelan, California

I was looking for a company to transport I car I was planning to buy and I got in contact with Mike from 1flatrate. He was quick to call me back and the quote he gave me was ok with me. The car had to be shipped from Ohio to Florida. We planned to do the shipping after the car inspection was completed and a preliminary date was set for Monday the 23rd. The inspection was planned for the Friday the 20 th. On Thursday I heard that the inspection was postponed untill at least Monday the 23rd. I emailed Mike right away on Thursday to put the order for transportation on hold untill inspection was completed. I expected another delay with the inspection so I emailed to Mike that I would let him know when the car was ready for shipping. He emailed me that the order was on hold and that I would advise him when the car was ready for shipment. That was all clear and acknowledged by both parties trough emails.

I received an email from the mechanic that the inspection was rescheduled for Tuesday. That was fine with me because the shipping was put on hold. But on Tuesday afternoon I receive an email from 1flatrate that the car was picked up on mondaynight and it was on the way to my house. I emailed them right away to ask what was happening because the order was put on hold. His response was that I was suppose to pay the driver and that was it. I forwarded him the emails we exchanged about the shipping order being put on hold. Those were all ignored. Then I wrote him the question why I should pay him for something that was completely wrong and didn't ask for. His reply was that the car would go to the police impound and I would be responsible for all costs involved. I called the shipping company and they never received the order to put the shipping on hold. 1Flatrate is a broker for shipping so they used the shipping company for transport. The transport company said they couldn't do anything for me because I was dealing with a broker.

The car arrived at my home and I did an inspection here hoping all was ok. Unfortunately the mechanics report was not what I hoped for. So now I am here with a car that never should have been shipped in the first place and 1flatrate deny any responsibility.

All our conversation is by email and it is very clear that 1flatrate never put the order on hold. And after that they start threatening with impounding the car because the law is on their side. Stay clear from these gangsters.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2012 11:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1flatrate/Phelan-California-92371/1flatrate-Shipping-of-car-without-order-Phelan-California-918859. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1flatrate