Complaint Review: 1st American Mitigators

• Updated: Wed, January 23, 2013

• Reported By: Johnny — Michigan United States of America
1st American Mitigators
30600 Telegraph Road Ste 1200 Bingham Farms, Michigan United States of America

1st American Mitigators This company took an upfront fee from me and told me a Home Loan Modification could be done but never did get one. Bingham Farms, Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Success Finally

*Consumer Comment: SCAM

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: We will be in contact with this client

*General Comment: I Will Be Contacting You!!

*Consumer Comment: I would Like to Johnny

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: As promised we reached out to the client

*Author of original report: Update

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This post is not accurate

*Author of original report: BBB

*Consumer Comment: How Did It Get Resolved

I hired this firm to get a Home Affordable Modification Program loan and over a period of 5 months was denied by Chase to get one 3 times. I paid $2,000 over a period of 8 weeks for their fee upfront. Nothing was ever modified.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2012 03:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1st-American-Mitigators/Bingham-Farms-Michigan-48025/1st-American-Mitigators-This-company-took-an-upfront-fee-from-me-and-told-me-a-Home-Loan-875393. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1st American Mitigators

Success Finally

AUTHOR: Julie Teeter - ()

Even though I became increasingly angry and even made threats, Christina Zivan, despite my being downright rude to her, urged and convinced me to hang in there, and she would make sure it got done. Thru many months of discouragement she finally did exactly what she said she would. When it seems like it was hopeless, she got it done I was so angry I started calling Chase myself, and realized how much they jacked me around and began to see the light, that is what they were doing to Christina......If you can hang in there, you can receive results. Thank you Christina! I was not the easiest person to get along with. Julie Teeter

SCAM

AUTHOR: kristin - (United States of America)

You say that you dont ask for money up front? I gave the sales guy my checking acc info before I walked out the door. The $867 was taken out of my acc before I heard back from him. The person who I was working with called my mortgage company 1 time. I've called and talked to 2 different people one whom is supposed to a manager and get no where. Just the run around.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

We will be in contact with this client

AUTHOR: FAM - (United States of America)

Again, our firm does not charge up front fees. We complete the services under our agreements before cashing the checks. This is required by law and follow it exactly.

We never guarantee a particular out come and we only promise our best efforts. The overwhelming majority of our clients get very good results. This is thoroughly documented. As noted above in this forum, when clients do reach out to us, we do respond.

Note the comments above.  We earnestly attempt to resolve complaints. That is who we are and how we do things.

#4 General Comment

I Will Be Contacting You!!

AUTHOR: Julie Teeter - (United States of America)

Your firm certainly did charge me fees upfront, and have continued to do so for over a year.  Maybe you don't know what your salespeople promise, and I will hold my tongue for now....Butt I expect results quickly and you know my name is Julie Teeter.  Furthermore I can show you documentation of your company dropping the ball.

I would Like to Johnny

AUTHOR: Julie Teeter - (United States of America)

I would like to talk to the author Johnny, maybe he can give me some advice  248-867-5497

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

As promised we reached out to the client

AUTHOR: FAM - (United States of America)

Forums like this are anonymous and that prevents parties from talking directly. My post above was seen by the client and we have resolved this matter, see below.

The bottom line is we stand by our promises, online and otherwise. We don't promise a result, just our best efforts and we always try to do things the right way. We committed to address this complaint and we did so.

Update

AUTHOR: Johnny29 - (United States of America)

I was given a refund recently and have since settled this manner.

#8 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This post is not accurate

AUTHOR: FAM - (United States of America)

This post is not accurate:

Our firm does not charge upfront fees. This person says we charge upfront, so why do they go on and say it was over 8 weeks? We complete all services under our contract first before taking client funds.  This is documentable. We do not promise a particular result for client, only our best efforts because that is all we can promise.

Lastly and most importantly no one can guarantee a particular outcome on the mortgage relief program which is why we do not make promises.

What we have done for well over 2500 people is help them get relief from their lenders that they would probably not able to get on their own.  Unfortunately, when we are not able to succeed, we are accused of not having lived up to our promises.  This is simply not the case.  Moreover, when clients have reached out to us and requested refunds, when we feel dissatisfied with our results or our efforts, we have granted refunds to clients.  This is documentable.

We deal fairly and truthfully with all clients. I would invite this client to contact us directly to discuss this matter.  Our phone number is 248-247-2408 and any member of management will be able to help them.

BBB

AUTHOR: Johnny29 - (United States of America)

Contact the B.B.B. and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to file a complaint.

How Did It Get Resolved

AUTHOR: Julie Teeter - (United States of America)

I am in the same situation and it has been over a year......did you get any satisfaction??  If so how????

The more I read the more angry I get.