Complaint Review: 1st Choice Moving And Storage

• Submitted: Fri, November 27, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, November 27, 2009

• Reported By: lympi — United States of America
1st Choice Moving And Storage

1st Choice Moving And Storage 1st Choice Moving Seattle A regretful choice for moving my items 2900 milesInternet, Internet

I regret using this company. 1st, I got a quote from the representative, when the movers came, the quote increased by 800.00.
2nd, the movers packaged a chest of drawers after being told not to ship it, luckily I caught it and got a 50.00 discount.
3rd, the company called once to see if we were available to receive shipment, but the shippers did not get here for another 11 days.
4th, we were told the delivery would be on Wed before Thanksgiving, but get a call on Tuesday before Thanksgiving saying it will be late Thanksgiving day or Friday morning. The truck driver had an attitude when we said that Thanksgiving night would not work. 5th, we called on Thanksgiving to see when they would arrive on Friday after Thanksgiving and the trucker wanted to deliver at 6am. My husbands plane was leaving at 6am from an airport 85 miles away so that was not going to work. The trucker had an attitude again about the delivery time, which made my husband upset because he was not going to be here to help me with the shipment.
6th, my boxes came smashed and torn.
7th, the trucker was in a hurry and did not put all of my things where I asked him to.
8th, the trucker attempted to put together my daughter's crib, when he put the wrong piece on and it got stuck he just left it for me to deal with. As of now I cannot fix the crib without breaking the braces because it was put on the wrong side.
9th, I called the company and told them about the crib and the representative named Guy told me basically they are not liable for it and to look on Craigslist to find another one. The crib was 300.00.  Now my daughter has no crib. When I continued to advise that it was the trucker who messed up the crib, all he said was he would call them and speak with them and call me back.
Poor customer service, poor ethics and integrity, poor selection of employees. This company is just a rip off and I feel that I was overcharged. I will never ever use this company again and will let anyone know that they should be shut down.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2009 01:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1st-Choice-Moving-And-Storage/internet/1st-Choice-Moving-And-Storage-1st-Choice-Moving-Seattle-A-regretful-choice-for-moving-my-i-529513. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1st Choice Moving And Storage