Complaint Review: 1st Convenience Bank

• Updated: Thu, April 05, 2012

• Reported By: Kayla — Fort Worth Texas United States of America
1st Convenience Bank
Brigestreet/Fort Worth Fort Worth, Texas United States of America

1st Convenience Bank Taking Hostages and holding people against their will Fort Worth, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Helpful?

*Consumer Comment: Journalism Major?

*Author of original report: My reputation is key issue

*Consumer Comment: I don't know about your situation with the bank, but I DO know....

*Consumer Comment: You are a Journalism student?

I am a victim of a deceptive scam happening with the 1st Convenience Bank to which I have a student account. Recently, my card was stolen, and I hurriedly reported it the bank. Soon after I received calls telling me that my account was overdraft by .44cents and I have been victimized even further by 2.00 a day charges since. Its a nightmare to which I have been held hostage against my will. I was told that I cannot close the account where I have Title IV funding for monies received from my Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communications. I have attempted to speak with someone over the phone and was told that I had to go to the bank;  when I go to the bank it has be closed for a month. This is ludicrous to say the least. I have since forwarded a letter to the Killeen, Texas head quarters. Beware, this people take hostages, but they are the robber with the hostage being you! WOW!!!

Kayla
Fort Worth, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2012 06:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1st-Convenience-Bank/Fort-Worth-Texas-76112/1st-Convenience-Bank-Taking-Hostages-and-holding-people-against-their-will-Fort-Worth-Te-863667. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1st Convenience Bank

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

As a Journalism major you must know that the idea is to get the information presented in such a way where people know what in the world you are talking about.  You also don't "fluff" it up with unneeded information.  Your Original Report suffered in many ways because of these things.  If you really thought the information you provided in your original report was "helpful", I will say again it is probably time to re-think your major.  Don't believe me?  Then why not take this entire report, including the rebuttals to one of your professors and see what they say.

Now, in your update you provided one piece of information that was helpful and actually answered one question.

- If you can prove that you reported the card stolen BEFORE that other charge was made, then it sure sounds like the bank screwed up and you should not be responsible for the fees.  If the bank does not reverse these fees, and you think they should.  Then the next thing you should do is contact the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.  This is the agency that oversees banks and the may be able to assist you.

Journalism Major?

AUTHOR: OnTheSidelines - (USA)

Your lack of grammar and spelling skills shows that you are NOT a journalism major.

The reports offer a WORD CHECK.  You might want to use it, since you obviously can't do it on your own.

Good thing you don't have to worry about spelling to be a Journalist, right? (Insert eye roll here)

My reputation is key issue

AUTHOR: mskaydailey - (United States of America)

In response to the rebuttal. I followed all guidelines to complete the process of reporting the card. I don't owe you are anyone else an explanation other to be compassionate and present the public with information that I thought helpful. The idea of hostage came into play when I requested that the account be closed and they refused saying that they couldn't close it until I paid the 35.44 overdraft charge. I was charged one for supposedly going over .44 cents on a purchase that came after I reported the card stolen.

To attack my character show that whoever you to be small minded and callous in your approach. It is not the case that I need to rethink my career choice, or even that I care what it is you say; but it is a matter of principle being that I am being harmed in a scheme to take my money. I added that I am a student because I am a student. God bless you who ever you are and hopefully you will find help with all your needs. You will need it with your attitude.

I don't know about your situation with the bank, but I DO know....

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

You're a real drama queen.

"1st Convenience Bank  Taking Hostages and holding people against their will Fort Worth, Texas"

This is a serious Federal offense, have you called the FBI yet?

You are a Journalism student?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Your report is very confusing not to mention full of exaggerations(unless you really want us to believe that you are being held hostage).  If you are really a Journalism major it may be time to rethink your major.

Why are you overdrawn?  That is when your card was stolen and are you overdrawn because of this unauthorized use?

How long did you let it go, and how much do they say you owe?

What does having Financial Aid being deposited to this account have anything to do with you being able to close it?  You can just open up a new account at a different bank and have your funds deposited there.

When you went to the bank, was the bank closed for a month or your account closed for a month?