Complaint Review: 1st Credit Of America, Clear Credit, My Perfect Credit

• Updated: Thu, August 04, 2005

• Reported By:westerville Ohio
1st Credit Of America, Clear Credit, My Perfect Credit
USA Nationwide U.S.A.

Clear Credit, My Perfect Credit, 1st Credit Of America Ripoff I owe $59.95 for a free credit report Nationwide

I have been receiving recorded messages every day for over a week now from someone saying I needed to "call immediately regarding my account." When I call the number given, I get Ms. Bullard's (sp?) voice mail. I've tried calling her dozens of times, she doesn't answer her phone and I refuse to leave a message. Was lucky enough to be at home when today's call came in. I had googled the phone number earlier in the week so I knew what to expect. She wanted to know what kind of arrangements I could make to pay $59.95 for the free credit report that I requested. This was over 2 years ago that I requested this report... and it was "free." So I ask her how I owed $59.95 for a free credit report and she couldn't answer. She speculated that it was the cancellation fee or something obscure in the 'terms of agreement" when I signed up. She didn't know for sure. I asked her to mail me proof of this debt. She said she couldn't prove the debt but she'd be glad to send me a letter from her company saying she was authorized to collect it. At this point, my husband got on the phone and told her about this site and all the reports about her company. She promptly hung up. What now?

Marnie
Westerville, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2005 04:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1st-Credit-Of-America-Clear-Credit-My-Perfect-Credit/nationwide/Clear-Credit-My-Perfect-Credit-1st-Credit-Of-America-Ripoff-I-owe-5995-for-a-free-cred-152554. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1st Credit Of America, Clear Credit, My Perfect Credit