planetary

• Submitted: Mon, August 01, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, August 01, 2005

• Reported By:Ada Michigan
1st Credit Of America, My Perfect Credit
300 North Elizabeth, Suite 220 B Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

First Credit Of America, My Perfect Credit SCAM. Stay away from these people. Illegal practices. Ripoff Chicago Illinois

I started getting calls from 1st Credit of America a week ago claiming that I owed $186.80 for My Perfect Credit fees. My only contact with My Perfect Credit was back in March when I ordered a free credit report. I canceled my membership the same day after receiving my report.

I've spoken to 3 different people from First Credit and they all say the same thing -- I must give them a credit card number over the phone in order to settle my bill. They will not send any written notice or information on what the fees are for. One person offered to lower the bill to $110, but the next day another person said I still owed $186.80. He claimed he had never heard of the names of the other people that called me. His parting words were that he "planned to take action" against me and then hung up!

My greatest worry is that they have my social security number. What is the best action to take?

Cheryl
Ada, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2005 03:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1st-Credit-Of-America-My-Perfect-Credit/Chicago-Illinois-60607/First-Credit-Of-America-My-Perfect-Credit-SCAM-Stay-away-from-these-people-Illegal-prac-152066. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1st Credit Of America, My Perfect Credit