Complaint Review: 1st National Bank CCS

• Submitted: Mon, December 11, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, December 11, 2006

• Reported By:Lakeland Florida
1st National Bank CCS
Po Box 17800 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

1st National Bank CCS Las Vegas Credit Card Scam Almost Got Me & My Bank Account ripoff Las Vegas Nevada

I received an envelope with an attached "Pre-Approved" Credit Card in the mail. I noticed it stated, "I had an exisiting credit limit of $6,500." My wife was skeptical and told me to "throw it away because it sounds like a scam."

I phoned the company and after what seemed like an hour of going through the message, I finally spoke to a human. Although the person I spoke with was reading from a script I continually asked them a few questions (1) do you report to a major credit bureau (2) what is the minimum monthly payment (3) what types of comupters do you sell.

Well, I got the first question answered and found out they do not report to any credit bureaus. When I asked about the minimum monthly payments the attendent "assumed" I was ready to sign up an eagerly pressed me for my bank account information and social security number.

I asked more than six times for payment information and all I received in response was, "would you like to pay out of your checking or with a debit card today?" The third question was quite funny because I was told, "I would be shopping from a catalog in the privacy of my own home." I explained, "I understood that but wanted a website to view the products prior to agreeing to anything." The attendent refused to give me the information and stated, "all web information is strictly for their customers only and will be sent after my payment is received." My wife rolled her eyes and gave me a look of "I'll kill you if you give them our bank information" looks. I told the attendent to "cancel the order" as I thankfully had not given any information yet.

Do not get conned into this Credit Card scam. They will take you and your bank account for anywhere from $199.00 up to $299.00. When an offer sounds too good to be true, it normally is!

Timothy
Lakeland, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2006 12:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1st-National-Bank-CCS/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89114-7800/1st-National-Bank-CCS-Las-Vegas-Credit-Card-Scam-Almost-Got-Me-My-Bank-Account-ripoff-La-224768. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1st National Bank CCS