Complaint Review: 1st National Bank Of Marin

• Submitted: Fri, July 29, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, July 29, 2005

• Reported By:Fairless Hills Pennsylvania
1st National Bank Of Marin
P.O. BOX 247001 Omaha, Nebraska U.S.A.

1st National Bank Of Marin ripoff Omaha Nebraska

*Consumer Suggestion: IT IS ALWAYS THERE IN THE FINE PRINT... DON'T TRUST SENDING IN PAYMENT THROUGH THE MAIL

First, they told me I was pre-approved for 1000 dollars, then snuck some thing on the back of the paper you sign when you apply that says they charge 69 at activation and 5.75 a month fee. That's 138 of the actual 200 they approved me for.

Patrick
Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2005 01:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1st-National-Bank-Of-Marin/Omaha-Nebraska-68124-7001/1st-National-Bank-Of-Marin-ripoff-Omaha-Nebraska-151752. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1st National Bank Of Marin

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Melissa - (U.S.A.)

I MYSELF HAVE HAD A FIRST NATIONAL BANK OF MARIN CREDIT CARD FOR THE PAST EIGHT MONTHS OR SO. WHEN I RECEIVED THE OFFER IN THE MAIL I WAS VERY CAREFUL TO READ ALL OF THE INFORMATION THAT WAS PROVIDED AND WAS TOTALLY AWARE OF THE MONTHLY AND ACTIVATION FEES THAT THEY IMPOSE ON CARDHOLDERS. I ALSO HAD A CREDIT LIMIT OF 200 DOLLARS AND WAS LEFT WITH HARDLY AND CREDIT UPON RECEIVING THE CARD.

THE ONLY REASON I TOOK THIS OFFER IS BECAUSE I HAD PAST CREDIT PROBLEMS AND WANTED TO TRY TO REBUILD MY CREDIT.

I AM IN NO WAY DEFENDING THESE OUTRAGEOUS FEES THAT EAT UP MOST OF YOUR CREDIT LINE, BUT THIS IS THE PRICE TO PAY FOR THOSE OF US WITH A BAD CREDIT HISTORY. I HAVE PAID MY BILL ON TIME EVERY MONTH AND AS A RESULT HAVE GOTTEN OFFERS FOR BETTER DEALS AND HAVE TAKEN A FEW.

I WILL HAVE MY BANK OF MARIN CARD PAID OFF NEXT MONTH IN FULL AND AM PLANNING ON CLOSING THE ACCOUNT DUE TO HAVING TO PAY THAT MONTHLY 5.75 CHARGE ON TOP OF ANOTHER 5.95 FOR ONLINE BILL PAYMENT. THIS MEANS THAT EVEN IF I HAVE A ZERO BALANCE ON THIS CARD I WILL STILL HAVE TO PAY TWELVE DOLLARS A MONTH JUST TO HOLD THE CARD!!!!!

I JUST WILL NOT DUE TO READING MANY RIP-OFF-REPORTS STATING THAT THE CARD COMPANYS SOMETIMES WAIT UNTIL THE DAY AFTER THE DUE DATE TO APPLY PAYMENT, THUS TACKING ON AN OVER-THE-LIMIT FEE.
MY ADVICE TO YOU IS TO DO JUST AS I HAVE DONE...
BUILT YOUR CREDIT WITH THIS RIDICULOUS CARD, WAIT FOR BETTER OFFERS, ACCEPT THEM AND GET RID OF THIS ONE.

OF COURSE, ONE SHOULD ALWAYS, ALWAYS READ ALL OF THE FINE PRINT WHEN DECIDING WHETHER OR NOT TO ACCEPT THAT "HAVE TO HAVE" CARD. EVERYTHING IS STATED YOU JUST HAVE TO TAKE THE TIME TO READ ALL OF IT.
GOOD LUCK!