Complaint Review: 1st National Credit-Consumer Credit Counseling Services

• Submitted: Mon, July 07, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, July 07, 2003

• Reported By:Detroit Lakes Minnesota
1st National Credit-Consumer Credit Counseling Services
Mizner Blvd; Boca Raton, FL Boca Raton, Florida U.S.A.

1st National Credit-Consumer Credit Counseling Services ripoff Boca Raton Florida

Back in November 2002, I called to consolidate 4 of my credit cards and get a lower interest rate. They were very friendly at the onset.

At first, it was agreed to send 1/2 of the first payment and then the other 1/2 within the next couple weeks. My second check was returned and I told them that my deposit was a day off and to repost. It took them 4 months to send that second half through again.

At the beginning, I gave them an ACH Authorization to take money directly out of my checking account. Even though they were supposed to withdraw on the 15th, they withdrew on the 20th, 28th, 12th...etc. Because of this, they claim that I never had sufficient funds, so they could't disperse to my creditors.

All along, the creditors called 5 days a week, telling me that my credit was getting trashed. Each time I called, I talked to another foreigner, who said everything was fine...don't listen to collection people. Then, they draft my account twice in 7 days...so I stopped payment. Since then, they have made speratic payments.

They are a joke! Worst customer service I've ever seen. When I started I had great credit and now I can't get a 20% loan. Received a letter telling me that they went bankrupt! CCCS sent a letter stating they took over their assets and then tell me that they shouldn't have drafted my checking account and they will refund my final payment (that was two weeks ago)!

Detroit Lakes, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2003 03:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1st-National-Credit-Consumer-Credit-Counseling-Services/Boca-Raton-Florida/1st-National-Credit-Consumer-Credit-Counseling-Services-ripoff-Boca-Raton-Florida-62936. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1st National Credit-Consumer Credit Counseling Services