Complaint Review: 1st National Merchant Services & 1st National Processing

• Submitted: Thu, March 26, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, September 01, 2010

• Reported By:Great Bend Kansas
1st National Merchant Services & 1st National Processing
3901 S. Broadway Wichita, Kansas U.S.A.

1st National Merchant Services & 1st National Processing Business Owners BEWARE of this companys deception! Wichita Kansas

*Consumer Comment: THIS COMPLAINT IS NOT ABOUT 1ST NATIONAL PROCESSING NEW YORK

Be carefull of anyone telling you they represent Wells Fargo bank and that they can cut your credit card fees by switching credit card processors and what ever you do dont turn loose of your existing terminal to them!

This scam started with the salesman telling me that he can save me money because my bank and my credit card processor were all charging me a fee on my credit card settlements and that all credit cards are run through Wells Fargo anyway and by using him (Wells Fargo) I was essentially cutting out these other fees.

Thats what I was told and after the salesman reprogramed my terminal the problems started right away, my paper feed button and several other functions I was familiar with quit doing what they were supposed to.

The salesman was hinting around while he reprogramed my terminal that it was old and didnt have enough memory and leaving the impression that I may need a new terminal to get things to work right again. (I wasnt buying into that since it was working just fine before so I kept it)

I recieved my first months bill from them and there was this $45 charge with no explaination and a week later another bill came and it had a $9.95 charge which apparently was the normal monthly charge which was just one of many things I was not made aware of when I signed up fact he convienently didnt point out any of the fees in small print on the contract which would have been deal breakers right then.

We called the salesman about the $45 charge and he said they had made a mistake and we would get that credited back he also said the $9.95 charge is normal and most people are paying more than that even though he never mentioned it before when he was telling me how much money I was going to save.

I was unable to get the salesman to give me a straight answer after many phone calls after a few weeks of trying and I had even left messages as to what or when something could or would be done about it so I informed him I was canceling their service due to poor quality customer service.

I called the main office in Calabasas California after 1 month to inform them I was not using their service anymore and was calling them myself because I was positive the salesman wasnt going to do it himself.

This is where I found out about the $350 early cancel fee and that that was because it was a 3 year contract (another fact left out of the deal) and they had to submit my request to their cancel department which mat take up to 30 days and no guarantee they would even honor my request.

I was also informed by this person that if I went over her head and didnt wait for the process to complete as scheduled that "they" apparently meaning the cancel dept would go ahead and slap me with the $350 fee and even an act of congress wouldnt change their minds.

I had no choice but to change all my bank account numbers and inform my banks to be watching for any fees these people would no doubt be attempting to charge back my bank accounts. I am not paying any such fee not a chance.

This is in itself a costly ordeal because of the business checks are bought by the thousand and so on now are useless and need replaced with the new numbers and the time spent here trying to get the message out so someone else thats smarter than me and does a search ahead of getting scammed may get the info they need from me to avoid this scam.

SJ
Great Bend, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2009 09:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1st-National-Merchant-Services-1st-National-Processing/Wichita-Kansas-67216/1st-National-Merchant-Services-1st-National-Processing-Business-Owners-BEWARE-of-this-co-437849. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1st National Merchant Services & 1st National Processing

THIS COMPLAINT IS NOT ABOUT 1ST NATIONAL PROCESSING NEW YORK

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

Please Note: This complaint is not from a client of 1st National Processing New York. 1st National Processing New York is an independent sales office and provide our own customer service to our clients. There are over 100 across the nation. Just like insurance brokers. The independent sales office who services this client obviously dropped the ball and did not help their merchant. Please don't be confused, this is another Independent Sales Office , not 1st National Processing New York.