Complaint Review: 1st National Processing

• Updated: Wed, September 01, 2010

• Reported By: Shannon — Aurora Colorado USA
1st National Processing
26707 w Agoura Rd Calabasas, California United States of America

1st National Processing fraud deception scam rip-off processing internet acess Calabasas, California

*Consumer Comment: This Is Not A Complaint Against 1st National Processing New York

*Author of original report: My response to "rebuttal"

*Author of original report: response from 1st national processing (Calasbasas CA)

Email to 1st national processing...

I am a merchant who has been being charged for the last 27 months , $10 a month for a service that I never agreed to or wanted. The charge was "snunk in" because I did not call to "opt-out". I feel this is unfair and deceptive, I should not have to read every statement I receive to see if I will be "opted in" to something I don't want, if I don't respond. Even on the bill the charge is masked, you must call in order to find out what the mystery fee is (once again...SHADY!). I would like ALL my money refunded for this "internet access" service which I dont need or want.

Response....

Hello Shannon,

The bank has notified me of your concern of being overcharged.

We will need for you to email or fax me the processing statements showing the fees that were taken out from there we will put a request in to refund the charges my fax number is 941-925-4448.

Sincerely,

Christine Philips

Advanced Credit Systems

800-814-3163

....That response sounds good until you never hear back from them!  I have been promised return calls and never got them.  It funny how nobody needed to "hear" from me to CHARGE my account...but in order to get a refund...I am required to produce YEARS worth of documents!!  This is simply the principal of "put him through SOOO many rings and hoops that he gives up"...well I wont.  I will get my $240 back even if it costs me $2000.  STAY AWAY FROM THESE SCAMMERS!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2009 11:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1st-National-Processing/Calabasas-California-91302/1st-National-Processing-fraud-deception-scam-rip-off-processing-internet-acess-Calabasas-508556. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1st National Processing

This Is Not A Complaint Against 1st National Processing New York

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

Please Note: This complaint is not from a client of 1st National Processing New York. 1st National Processing New York is an independent sales office and provide our own customer service to our clients. There are over 100 across the nation. Just like insurance brokers. The independent sales office who services this client obviously dropped the ball and did not help their merchant. Please don't be confused, this is another Independent Sales Office , not 1st National Processing New York.

My response to "rebuttal"

AUTHOR: Shannon - (USA)

ike I said, I was called by a Tony" with you company...and was told that I would receive a full refund....I LOVE this line you wrote... "She was notified of this fee May 2007 and didnt take any action before the charges started in July" ...how do you know I received and read that?!  With an ETHICAL businesses they SELL a product in which the CUSTOMER expressly agrees to buy.  This "opt them in if they DONT call us" is a numbers games, and a scam.  Its like the rebate system when you buy an item at the store...the manufactures know that people will forget, calls will get dropped/misdirected/forgotten, letter will get misread, timelines missed, ect... and thats why they only ever have to fulfill 40-50% of the eligible refunds.  Your company knows that since payment is automatically removed from the business account that many merchants wont "catch" this "notice" on their statement (in July 07)...the odds were in you favor, HOW DARE YOU require your customers to take their valuable time to call YOU to cancel something they did not want or ask for?!?!?   Not only that, but I couldn't Email you, because when I tried that the email bounced back (the one thats on the CURRENT statements).  When I tried to call back people there regarding this...I ALWAYS GOT ERRORS AND PROBLEMS WITH YOUR SYSTEM AND COULD NOT EVEN LEAVE A MESSAGE!!!   And the most telling of your scam, and your attempt to mask it...THE CHARGE DESCRIPTION IS NOT EVEN PRINTED ON THE BILL!!  Once again...SCAM!  Every other detail is spelled out clearly...but the "mystery" charge requires you to take the time in effort to call in, to see what exactly this charge is.....wonder why?  If you think this is just me...GOOGLE your company..just the name by itself.... the WHOLE PAGE is filled with customer complaints who got sick of the way you do business.  That supposed letter in July of 2007 is the only thing keeping many of you out of prison.  SCAMMERS.

response from 1st national processing (Calasbasas CA)

AUTHOR: Shannon - (USA)

I got the request and I just reviewed the account. Since last week, Sharon has already talked directly to the processor and a manager there. We only refund up to 3 months when it comes to refunds however being that the merchant pursued it and felt she was screwed she will be given 6 months refund for the iaccess. The processor tried to call her this last Tuesday but got no answer or voicemail. Please inform her we can refund 6 months of the fees but that is all. She was notified of this fee May 2007 and didnt take any action before the charges started in July. We cant do anything about that.