Complaint Review: 1st Security Preparation & Placement, Inc

• Updated: Fri, October 26, 2012

• Reported By: Mike from NY — Bronx New York USA
1st Security Preparation & Placement, Inc
2 East 42nd St. New York, New York United States of America

1st Security Preparation & Placement, Inc They prey on your desperation and fleece you. New York, New York

*UPDATE Employee: Rip off

With finding work becoming more and more of a task I decided it was high time I entered myself into a trade. I selected Security as they were apparently in demand. I found 1st Security's ad in the Daily News with their ad being the exact same as the previous report referring to them.

In fact, everything these people did right down to reassuring me that I will make back what I'm giving up to take their overpriced classed (something I realized when talking to already working Security Guards and finally, coming across this site) and their sending me to other security groups, all of whom weren't hiring at the moment, over sending me to direct businesses. I often wondered about this myself but just never gave it much thought; trying to keep the optimism, you know?

Especially since the agents working their seemed to have actually succeeded in getting some people work. However, while ease-dropping on said conversations, those working seemed to be worked to the bone. It was then and after some chats with actually licensed security guards (apparently, they claim I have to wait three months but all they've done with me in that regard was make me take a few tests and make sure my name was signed on state bubble sheets) I began to question their intentions.

However, I stumbled upon this article when I was milked recently by another far more deplorable group who really do make 1st Security seem as if their on the true up and up as I initially believed them to be. That group being called Urban Dynamics Career & Employment Services. While in the waiting room for placement in 1st Security's job placement (my fifth time going for that) I came across Urban Dynamics add: "Securities Guards needed No experience. Jobs available. Call Lt. Oliver".

And so I did, I only got a recording at first but the next day I (after another day of wasting my time at 1st Security) my mom told me a man called Mr. Maxwell called mentioning something about Security. I immediately called his number and told the rather ride Secretary his EXT, I could only leave a response and have done that a few times that week. Eventually I got a hold of Mr. Maxwell who gave me their address and told me to bring $90 for a drug and background check.

It should be noted that many posters on this site: [http://www.indeed.com/forum/loc/New-York-New-York/Fraudulent-NYC-employment-agencies/t27077] claimed they do this as a way to secure that you aren't with the police.

In a better sense of mind I would have questioned this, but I was desperate for work and they were the only employment group who bothered to call me back. So I gave them that chance.

Just to never met with Mr. Maxwell (to this day I haven't met him) and instead be baited and switched by Lt. Oliver and another worker there who claimed they had a job available at a Manhattan building complex if I took their Homeland Security class and ridiculously priced CPR class which took me out of a grand total of $758 which they claim is non-refundable (I and even my mom tried calling them but they continually give us the run around).

I took their classes, both of which were nothing but a giant stack of printouts I could've clipped off the internet if I cared enough and a DVD (view in class only). The Homeland class in itself was such a giant waste of time! And in the end, that building job they promised me? Yeah no go.

Instead, I was handed four sheets of paper to various and (as I only bothered to go to one before getting enough) very sleazy places. I demanded refund but no response.

I'm now in credit trouble and despite my calling the attorney general's office THEY seem to show little interest in even aiding me in digging up information on both, Urban Dynamic and 1st Security! This is maddening! And I want to bring these crooks to justice no matter the costs!

I'll keep pushing the legal system as far as I can but for now, I'll leave this report and hope this can protect others who feel they are on their last legs. Guess as far as you're in America, where an American citizen spends years looking for work but still being given the run around no matter your qualifications (I've spent eight years hunting for stable work and am still hunting) you're better off having none at all and losing what you have much later than losing it quickly.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2009 10:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1st-Security-Preparation-Placement-Inc/New-York-New-York-1001710018/1st-Security-Preparation-Placement-Inc-They-prey-on-your-desperation-and-fleece-you-Ne-515354. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1st Security Preparation & Placement, Inc

Rip off

AUTHOR: Justice - (United States of America)

I've been ripped off too. This company is fraud and I am currently working on legal actions against it too. They have a new address: 469 7th Avenue between 35th and 36th street. They keep switching names. If you are looking for security training in NYC you should first google DCJS Security Training Revoked and you will be provided of the list of schools that are not accepted by NYS and the list of schools that are. This buissness does not show up at all,as it is a scam.