Complaint Review: 1st Security Preparation and Placement Review

• Updated: Tue, September 07, 2010

• Reported By: Felip — Bronx New York United States of America
1st Security Preparation and Placement Review
250 West 40th Street New York, New York United States of America

1st Security Preparation and Placement Review First Security, First This company made me pay for training and never placed me at a job that matched the pay they guarenteed. New York, New York

I went to "First" after responding to an ad on craigslist. When I arrived there "agent Parker" made me pay an $80 service fee and informed me that I would have to pay another $300 for the 24 hour training program. After taking the class the instructor, John T., informed me that with a Fire Guard Certification a federal mandate said that an employer must pay you AT LEAST $4 over the minimum wage, making the total salary of an unarmed guard with a fire guard a total of $12 to $13/hour.

He DID say that if you wanted to save money you can take the fire guard preparation class at Pin Point Security in Staten Island for only $50 so I took the class and got the certification.

When it was time for placement I met with Mr. Geyers and he sent me to Cambridge Security ANOTHER agency, which unlike the "First" tells it how it is. The woman I spoke to at the interview told me that federal law applies the same minimum wage standards to security guards holding a fire guard permit, which is $7.25.

The classes are OVER PRICED.

The "career advisers" are just salesmen trying to take your money.

Don't go to first.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2010 10:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1st-Security-Preparation-and-Placement-Review/New-York-New-York-10018/1st-Security-Preparation-and-Placement-Review-First-Security-First-This-company-made-me-p-638382. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1st Security Preparation and Placement Review