Complaint Review: 1st Security

• Updated: Thu, June 28, 2012

• Reported By: JG1989 — Brooklyn New York United States of America
1st Security
250 West 40th Street 2nd Floor New York, New York United States of America

1st Security First Security School Preparation and Training WARNING: Beware of These Con-Artists!!!! New York, New York

IF YOU'RE LOOKING TO GET INTO SECURITY, DON'T BOTHER GOING TO THIS PLACE! READ BELOW:

These people were my last resort at finding a job. I found their ad on Craigslist, just some of the other folks who were ripped off. I called the the number listed and was told to come in with an $80 deposit. It sounded so simple! I was so eager about getting the job that I hopped on the L-train from Brooklyn to 8th Avenue in Manhattan to catch the A/C/E to 42nd St-Port Authority Bus Terminal. Their place was just steps away from the subway station at 250 W 40th St, New York, NY 10018.

I went to the place dressed for the "interview". I handed the nice lady the $80 and got the days and times for the 8hr and 16hr class. I had Ms.Paterson for the 8hr and John T. for the 16hr. They both served in the NYPD. Once the training was done, I was told I need to pay an additional $180 to cover tuition in order to get the certificate. I bring in the money and got the certificates in an envelop.

This was late-March through early-April.

I waited until school was done for me to go for job placement. While waiting, I decided to go ahead with the process of getting my fingerprints done ($105) and applying for a NYS license ($36).

Fast-Forward to June or July...

All students were told that they hold 'job placement assistance' Mondays-Fridays from 8:30am to 12:30pm. I left home, interview-appropriate, early assuming the place would be packed with people. It was packed alright, we were all in another stuffy room the size of a bathroom! We would sign in, find a seat or stand around and wait for Mr.Geyer to call us into his office in groups of 3 or 4 at a time. He questions us and gives us a written referral with the name of another security company, their address and directions on how to get there. Again, the process looked simple.

I went to the other place, Cambridge Security, on the same day. (((REDACTED FOUL LANGUAGE))) walked there to avoid wasting another fare. I got there with my certifications and was told to sign in and fill out an application. Okay, I filled out the application, handed it in and was told they will call me. I was told by a staff member there that if I didn't get a call within 30 days, I had to re-apply. F** that! I called Cambridge Security to find out about their decision. I was told they'll look into it and that they'll call me back. The (((REDACTED FOUL LANGUAGE))) never did!

It's f****** December and I'm still unemployed!

I even Googled their company and I see a lot of bad reviews.

So, if you're looking to get into security, I think going to an actual company like Securitas, FJC or Allied Barton would work. Heck, if you see a security guard from any of the 3 companies, ask them about how they got their jobs and get the info.

Please be careful with the security section of Craigslist! There are a lot of security companies posting ads looking to take advantage of people. I called a lot of the numbers on there and they're asking for fees ranging between $80 to $150 despite already having the needed certifications and license.

Again, don't go to First Security School Preparation and Training at 250 W 40th St, New York, NY 10018! THEY'RE NOT LEGIT!!! BUNCH OF(((REDACTED FOUL LANGUAGE)))
PROFESSIONAL CRIMINALS!!!!

Here are their numbers:
(212) 239-2875
(212) 239-2874
(212) 239-2871 (Fax)
(917) 744-6309 (Mobile) ?

Website: firstsecurityprep.com

IF YOU GET A CALL FROM ANY OF THOSE NUMBERS, IGNORE THEM! THEY HAVE RECEIVED VERY BAD REVIEWS!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2011 07:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1st-Security/New-York-New-York-10018/1st-Security-First-Security-School-Preparation-and-Training-WARNING-Beware-of-These-Con-A-814591. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1st Security