Complaint Review: 1stopesolution

• Reported By: hlnp49 — Kewaunee Wisconsin United States of America
1stopesolution
616 Corporate Way New York, New York United States of America

1stopesolution deceptive scam to get credit card info New York, New York

I was called on Saturday, April 28, 2012, and convinced this was a Microsoft Windows online support service. I was talked into giving them access to my computer where they used scare tactics to show me reports that my computer was soon to crash if not taken care of immediately. This was to be a lifetime service with no additional costs or renewal fees of only $199.00.  24/6 service and support by phone and/or email.

I was then transferred to a "supervisor."  He complimented and schmoozed me on my voice and personality and played to my Christianity about God and not working on Sundays for worship time.

I can't believe I was conned so easily into giving them my credit card info, a copy of my driver's license and signature to an agreement stating that this $199.00 payment is nonrefundable.

After about 30 minutes of their cleanup on my pc, things seemed to work better and faster.  Sunday was a different matter and they are not available then. Audio was not working and programs were running slower.  Monday we called, Tuesday we called, Tuesday night I emailed.  Either no one answered or phone call was dropped during connection, and no one replied to my emails.

I blocked them from drafting any more money from my credit card and attempted an email requesting a full refund.  I doubt that I will hear from them again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2012 08:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1stopesolution/New-York-New-York-/1stopesolution-deceptive-scam-to-get-credit-card-info-New-York-New-York-878295. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1stopesolution