Complaint Review: 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

• Submitted: Thu, April 01, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, August 20, 2012

• Reported By:st. louis Missouri
2-10 Home Buyers Warranty
2675 S. Abilene St. Aurora, Colorado U.S.A.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty DO NOT TOUCH THIS COMPANY. NOT EVEN WITH A 10FT POLE.2-10 home buyers warranty Aurora, CO. Aurora Colorado

*Consumer Comment: 2-10 Warranty Hold in Sodus, NY

*UPDATE Employee: Thank You For Your Review

*Consumer Comment: Do You Sleep?

*UPDATE Employee: ...alll the details

*Author of original report: Hell may freeze over before 2-10 calls be back

*Consumer Suggestion: here is some info for you

To New and Pre-Owned Home Buyers,

I am a 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty customer not by choice, but by the selling realestate companys and home sellers choice. I have filed 3 claims to 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. Claim # Two and Three have been reported twice, and are still waiting for a 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty contractor to call me on claim to set an appointment to work the issue.

Now claim # 1 for the 20yr old gas furnace has made it the furtherest you could say. This story is to long to report in this forum, so I will try to summarize and touch on the key issues. 2-10 contractor could not do the work. 2-10 agreed to use an outside contractor. The claim was denied because work started before talking with the 2-10 Authorization dept. I called 2-10 and had the ruling over turned easily. 2-10 then offered to pay for only a third of the bill. The explain why only this much will be paid. Their payment was based off a process that was not followed. I called them on it, and then they changed their story. They still only insisted on paying the third of the cost, but then based the amount off another broken process.

I am still currently fighting this claim. It has been 3 months plus now, and I have only received 1 call from 2-10 concerning the issue. I have had to call 2-10 in almost all cases to help get the claim resolved, and to provide them information needed to help resolve the claim. My calls/messages/written complaint to 2-10 Mgmt and 2-10 Complaint dept. have been utterly ignored. My fight with 2-10 is not over. I have recently managed to have my claim reviewed by a 2-10 Director. It has been in the Directors hands for 1 week, and I have not yet received a call. I called 2-10 today and requested a call back requesting an update.

I sorry I have not been able to provide all the details, but just heade this warning. Do Not buy 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty! Save youself the headache!

David
St. Louis, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2004 02:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/2-10-Home-Buyers-Warranty/Aurora-Colorado-80014/2-10-Home-Buyers-Warranty-DO-NOT-TOUCH-THIS-COMPANY-NOT-EVEN-WITH-A-10FT-POLE2-10-home-b-86184. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

2-10 Warranty Hold in Sodus, NY

AUTHOR: Bill - (United States of America)

08/20/12:

Unable to get service for my stopped up plumbing. Customer Service said only one approved provide for the city of Rochester, New York. Customer services says that I have to do search for plumbers and have them call to get approved by 2-10 before they do work. Companies dont want to call 2-10 Warranty to do work. I am stuck trying to negotiate a deal between 2-10 Warranty company and the Plumbing company no luck yet. It sounds like I will end up eating the repairs to unstop my sewage lines while 2-10 sits by doing nothing. I do not recommend them based upon this experience today with the service representative and the rep's Supervisor David.

AUTHOR: 2-10 HBW Office of the President - (United States of America)

The Office of the President at 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has received and reviewed your complaint. We apologize for the frustration and inconvenience that you are feeling right now.

As a company that has been in business for over 30 years with an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau we pledge to provide excellent, fast and reliable service and we ensure that anything less will be investigated by our company internally. We appreciate any and all feedback provided so we can continue to look for ways to better improve our business.

If you'd give us the chance, we'd love to try and improve your experience with us. Please email officeofthepresident@2-10.com with your account information and we'll do our best to amend the situation to your satisfaction.

Do You Sleep?

AUTHOR: Jobob - (U.S.A.)

As an employee of this horrible company, I bet you don't get much sleep at night? When dealing with the public, you come up with so many excuses you need to spend your time off making new ones. Or, maybe that what the Corporate Rats do?

...alll the details

AUTHOR: Readurcontract - (U.S.A.)

You not only didn't file all the details but you didn't file ANY of the company side. just generalizations. Pretty convenient.

Hell may freeze over before 2-10 calls be back

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

Thank You James for the information you provided. I just wanted to send an update on my one claim. Basically I have taken the time to report 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty to
Denver Area BBB
1020 Cherokee Street
Denver, CO 80204 -4039
Phone: (303)758-2100
Fax: (303)758-8321
WWW: http://www.denver.bbb.org

I just recently called into 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty to an update on my claim. The customer service rep. from 2-10 told me that it had received something from Denver Area BBB. So I thought that was good. I am still waiting for someone from 2-10 mgmt to call me back regarding the claim to talk about all the issues at hand, and to try an come to a resolution. I believe Hell may freeze over before 2-10 calls be back. I plan to stay on 2-10s butt until I get the outcome I believe I deserve. Peace

#6 Consumer Suggestion

here is some info for you

AUTHOR: K - (U.S.A.)

Hi James,

I am in California, there are consumers all over the US with our problem. Home Buyers Warranty (HBW) is National Home Insurance Company, in CA the are also Residential Home Insurance. I suggest you start advocating quick there are reports at dora state of colorado dept of insurance amd if Construction Arbitration Services is involved you should visit texas business permits and search the site for owners, then go to the Washington DC state Bar!!! need more help, jsut ask your questions below and I will respond so others can be helped too. Also go to hadd.com and hobb.org