Complaint Review: 2-10 Home Warranty

2-10 Home Warranty Did not honor the home warranty contract Denver, Colorado

*Consumer Comment: Solution

*Consumer Comment: Bad Faith

*UPDATE Employee: Thank You For Your Review

I called to file a claim for our air condition which is covered under our warranty contract with 2-10. Paid $75.00 to the contractor and he stated that the coil was leaking and that he would notify 2-10.   2-10 calls and claims that this was a pre-exsisting condition, when in fact their contract states that there is a 30 day waiting period, and we had fulfilled those thirty days, but they stated that it would not be covered.

My husband googled the address to the company that 2-10 dispactched to us and we found oout that this guy works from home, he does not have an actual business with other employees. This company is a ripoff and should be taken to court for their illegal loopholes. then when i tried to call to have our contract voided they stated that it needs to be in writing. So I notified a lawyer who stated that as long as it was in writing, and if they continued to bill us, we could file a lawsuit.

I recommend that no one uses this company for anything. They are a rip-off and they will not cover your claim even if you have waited the 30 days. If you have to have a warranty my recommendation is AFC Home Warranty. You will receive your own personal account manager and a direct number. Plus the warranties are cheaper and for a longer period.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2011 11:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/2-10-Home-Warranty/Denver-Colorado-/2-10-Home-Warranty-Did-not-honor-the-home-warranty-contract-Denver-Colorado-762453. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 2-10 Home Warranty

Solution

AUTHOR: Chester - (United States of America)

Most warranty companies do not repair secondary damage, ie floors, sheetrock...

This area is typically covered under the homeowner's insurance policy.

You should contact your homeowner's insurance company.

It is interesting how home warranty policy owners think that this is an insurance policy, but it is not.  It is designed to shoulder some of the costs in the areas of plumbing, systems (ie air conditioning and heating), and built in appliances, not the structure of the house.

Bad Faith

AUTHOR: Joe - (United States of America)

I enjoyed reading your comment.  I too have had an issue with this company.

2-10 sent over some company called 3d Roger Rooter, here in Virginia. I have never heard of them.   But I trusted my Warranty Company to send me a quality plumber.  There were 3 plumbers in my house for one job and I was distracted answering questions and trying to keep my eye on all of them.

The issue began with a leak in my piping close to the water heater. Which was supposedly just a leaky valve in my plumbing, but it turns out that wasn't the only problem, a section of cold water pipe was leaking as well but it wasn't noticed and now my floor is ruined.  I contacted my warranty company about it they sent another plumber to fix the second pipe, he saw the damage on the floor too, even noted it on his invoice. I called the warranty company about the floor, and I have been giving the run around about it with their customer service department (i.e being transferred to different people having to re-explain myself all over again, being given completely new instructions to follow every time we call), they have supposedly given me 3D Rooter's Insurance Company name and number, before that they wanted pictures -just as examples.  I asked if 2-10 if they have been keeping notes about this since I cannot seem to work with a single point of contact on their end about it, nope, no notes - they do not care.

They hired these guys, I trusted my warranty company  and as a result my floor is ruined.  Has 2-10 even tried to advocate in my behalf? NO! If they cannot admit they had anything to do with it I guess they never heard of cause and effect. I wish  they would try to work on our behalf with 3D Rooter since both are at fault for my floor.

If I had not paid for a warranty this year, theoretically that money could have been used to hire a quality plumber and have the job done right to begin with. Actually I'd even still have money in my pocket afterwards....just saying.  Also they say they are not at fault for what these Plumber's did.
How so? 2-10 hired them, I trusted 2-10, and look where it got me? Really, not at fault?

If I had known 2-10 would not live up to any sort of moral integrity, I would not have signed up with them.  I am going to tell everyone I meet to stay away from 2-10.

AUTHOR: 2-10 HBW Office of the President - (United States of America)

Buyers Warranty has received and reviewed your complaint.  We apologize for the frustration and inconvenience that you are feeling right now.

As a company that has been in business for over 30 years with an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau we pledge to provide excellent, fast and reliable service and we ensure that anything less will be investigated by our company internally.  We appreciate any and all feedback provided so we can continue to look for ways to better improve our business.

If you'd give us the chance, we'd love to try and improve your experience with us. Please email officeofthepresident@2-10.com with your account information and we'll do our best to amend the situation to your satisfaction.