• Report: #1042081

• Reported By: 2-10VictimMDF — Lithonia Georgia
2-10 HomeBuyers Warranty
10375 E. Harvard Ave. Suite 100 Denver, Colorado United States of America

2-10 HomeBuyers Warranty Won't Honor Claims!!! Denver, Colorado

I have used 2-10 Home warrenty since I moved into my new home in October of 2005. After the first year in my house my air conditioner started blowing out hot air in the summer. I called the warrenty company and they sent someone out to look at the problem and the techian said that my freon was low and he filled it.

The same thing has happpened off and on now for three more summers. In the winter of 2012 I had a lapse in coverage because I couldn't afford the rates. I asked it they could get my montly payments below fifty dollars. They sent me a notice that if I renewed before March 31, 2013 that I could renew for 42.61 and that my warrranty would be active immediately. I renewed on March 28, 2013.

It just so happened that the following week it was warmer than usual in Georgia and I turned on my air condition for the first time. The house wasn't cooling properly and I immediately knew what the problem was, so I called the warranty company.

They sent a company out and they were the first company to actually find the leak and they said that I had an unrepairable leak in my coil and that I was down almost 3 lbs of the R22 freon. They sent in Prior approval request to 2-10 and they denied the claim, stating a prexisting problem and a lapse in coverage.

They new that this had been an on-going problem, but they didn't want to pay for the repairs.

Now I have to figure out how I'm going to pay for a $1600 plus $400 for replacement of the lost coolant.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2013 04:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/2-10-HomeBuyers-Warranty/Denver-Colorado-80231-3966/2-10-HomeBuyers-Warranty-Wont-Honor-Claims-Denver-Colorado-1042081. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 2-10 HomeBuyers Warranty