Complaint Review: 2-10 home buyers warranty

• Updated: Tue, May 21, 2013

• Reported By: lenna — peachtree city Georgia
2-10 home buyers warranty
10375 E harvard ave. suite 100 denver, Colorado USA

2-10 home buyers warranty no wording in contract yet refused to cover salt water pool denver Colorado

*Consumer Comment: Same Situation

2-10 home warranty rip off

June 2013 we puchased 2-10 with the purchase of our home.

In april my pool system broke down. I called 2-10 who sent not one but 3 different contractors to my home who stated "they can't work on it as it has a heat/cool pump they were not licenced for.

Finally a month later a contractor that can work on it can't do the work. 2-10 claims that they do not cover salt water systems. yet in the contact is doesn't state choline or salt water systems.

this is abiguous in nature. Had i had a choline system they would say the same thing.

now today my expansion tank on my hotwater tank failed.

Again I was told by 2-10 its not covered under section A4. that states this

service is specified covered under eligible equiptment if a system or item is not specified as covered then it is not eligible for service.

they don't list anything. they say pool equiptment is covered but don't state salt or chlorine . They say hot water tank but say nothing about the expansion tank. therefore not covered.

so far this insurance has cost me. $300.00 for service calls, and 575.00 plus for the policy. Out of pocket for repairs they refuse to cover will be over 2000.00 Cost to me is now $2875.00

so lesson learned don't use 2-10 and if you do perhaps the thrid nut next to the everything will not be covered.

I have emailed them demanding a full refund on my policy which by the way is done as of May 31st.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2013 10:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/2-10-home-buyers-warranty/denver-Colorado-802031/2-10-home-buyers-warranty-no-wording-in-contract-yet-refused-to-cover-salt-water-pool-d-1052651. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 2-10 home buyers warranty

Same Situation

AUTHOR: thebestcpa - ()

I had a similar situation with 2-10 where the girl told me, "If it is not specifically included in the language of the agreement, then it is excluded."  I explained to her that if that were the case, why did they need to specifically list excluded items in the agreement?  I also asked what if I then take the position that if it is not specifically excluded, then it is included?  Eventually, I spoke with someone else and won most of my arguments after a couple of weeks.

Feel free to file a complaint with the Department of Insurance in your state.  Look under the Terms and Conditions and you will see near the end where it list the insurance company that underwrites the policy.