Complaint Review: 2-10 Home Warranty

• Reported By: John A — Arkansas
2-10 Home Warranty
Denver, Colorado USA

2-10 Home Warranty Dismissive, Conniving, and Useless Denver Colorado

2-10 was a pain to work with throughout our entire contract. Their customer service is awful, dismissive and uninformed. Each time I filed a claim I was bounced around to anywhere between three and eight different employees, and for each new person I had to recount the entirety of my complaint. It's like no one talks to anyone else over there. Also, 2-10 found some way to contest every single claim I made, so that I ended up getting bills above and beyond my deductible from the repairmen that came. ALSO, one of the actual contractors 2-10 hired to come service my HVAC said, and I quote, "These guys are awful to work with. If I call and report this repair, they'll just claim it was preexisting and find some way to make you pay for it. If you just give me the deductible you'd have to pay, anyway, I'll won't even bother filing the repair and we'll both come out ahead." Basically, don't even bother filing claims for the first month or two of your contract with 2-10, they'll just claim it was preexisting.

HERE'S AN IMPORTANT TIP WHEN CONSIDERING ANY HOME WARRANTY: Call a few of your local HVAC, plumbing, and other repair service companies and ask them with which home warranty companies they are contracted. 2-10 could only find one, single HVAC guy willing to put up with them (a different HVAC repairman told me he used to work with 2-10 but quit because of how difficult they are to deal with) in a city of almost 100,000 people. So when my heating went out in the coldest part of winter, I had to wait a WEEK in zero-degree weather for their one repair guy to come help us.

There are cheaper options out there who offer better service. I have no idea how these guys are still in business. 2-10 is the biggest headache I've ever experienced. Skip it. Save yourself.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2014 09:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/2-10-Home-Warranty/Denver-Colorado-80231/2-10-Home-Warranty-Dismissive-Conniving-and-Useless-Denver-Colorado-1121405. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 2-10 Home Warranty