Complaint Review: 21st Century Insurance

• Submitted: Wed, May 02, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, May 02, 2007

• Reported By:North Hills California
21st Century Insurance
6150 DeSoto Ave. Woodland Hills, California U.S.A.

21st Century Insurance DID NOT STAND BY ACCIDENT FORGIVENESS - TRIPLED RATE Woodland Hills California

I was a custome of 21st Century Insurance since 1987 and had high limits and when I got married I convinced my husband to change to this co in 1999 and drop his.

In mid 2006 my husband was involved in a small rear end accident- he was at fault. We had never had accidents or tickets before this. The next renewal of my insurane (6/06) my bill had almost tripled for the next six months, after a week of what seemed continuous calls and being on hold for hours, I was finally told that because I had been a client appx 19.5 yrs accident forgiveness would kick in and rates would go back to normal as long as I would not have any more infractions within 1 yre.. Great, I thought.

On 12/06 I received a letter, that my rate were going back to the triple amount. They decided that after paying the claim (excessively of course - for minor case) that they were considering my husband a risk and that accident forgiveness did not apply to us.

I called several times talked to supervisors who informed me that they had the right to do whatever they wanted and told me " TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT", it was not their problem. I again said to them is that how you treat a customer of appx 20 yrs, who has never before even had a ticket, and once again their reply was "TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT" and hung up on me. Of course I have made sure to warn others I had once referred to them.

Karima
North Hills, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2007 10:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/21st-Century-Insurance/Woodland-Hills-California-91306/21st-Century-Insurance-DID-NOT-STAND-BY-ACCIDENT-FORGIVENESS-TRIPLED-RATE-Woodland-Hills-246526. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 21st Century Insurance