Complaint Review: 21st Century Insurance

• Updated: Tue, September 16, 2003

• Reported By:Modesto California
21st Century Insurance
www.21.com Internet U.S.A.

21st Century Insurance BEWARE! Charges full premium price for young drivers with permits only Internet

I have had 21st Century Insurance for my auto insurance for quite some time. My son got his permit and they added him to my policy as a fully lisenced driver. They stated this was mandatory.

I explained that I was under the impression that only licensed drivers were required to be added to their parents policy. They stated that anyone who has a permit to drive must be added to the policy.

I just got a quote from another auto insurer who explained that they do not require drivers with a permit to be added to the policy, that he is covered under my policy. That until such time as my son get's his lisence, he is insured under me. Thus my only added cost is to insure his vehicle.

This is saving me a ton of money.

Before you are mandated to pay huge amounts of money to add a teen driver who only has a permit, make sure your insurance company does not require non-lisenced drivers to be added to your policy.

State requlations in the State of California leave this up to the insurer, 21st Century takes advantage of that fact.

Vanessa
Modesto, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2003 02:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/21st-Century-Insurance/internet/21st-Century-Insurance-BEWARE-Charges-full-premium-price-for-young-drivers-with-permits-o-67071. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 21st Century Insurance