Complaint Review: 21st Century

• Submitted: Wed, May 23, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, May 23, 2007

• Reported By:Malibu California
21st Century
Woodland Hills, California U.S.A.

21st Century Insurance Company Said the 50% increase was because state wont honor ticket forgiveness anymore and there is now no red lining Woodland Hills California

I have been with 21st Century for 36 years.... my rates have always been pretty consistent, sometimes they go up some, but NOT 50% of my semi annual rate.... so I called them.

"Well... you got an increase because there is no more red lining in Los Angeles County!... and the state wont forgive the ticket you got last year--- we can reduce your package and then you can pay less!"

My package went up $500.00 cause I had gotten a ticket by a photo enforced camera in a city that had just installed 40 cameras over its 5x5 mile city quarters and the judge violated her jurisdiction and denied me traffic school when I could have gone, and now my premium jumped from $967./6mo to $1471.00 for ONE ticket-the first one in about 5 years...

Well Culver City has now lost all of my business... what ever I need I find elsewhere, and as for traveling, I stay close to home and refuse to go anywhere where cameras are.... either the state is looking for a way to make money, or the insurance companies found so loop hole to screw their customers....

I am pretty upset, and now that my son is coming home to live with me again, when we add his car to our house hold, it is possible that we will for the first time change companies, cause this "we are doing it cause you are a deicated customer" is nonsense. They just say whatever, and screw you in the back

My car was totaled at a stand still by a drunk driver, and even though there is nothing again me for it, 21st Century paid bottom blue book value, and that is probably why banks now offer "gap insurance" as a way to insure that you dont get left upside down by insurance companies..... and while the same car would cost me $6,000- $7,000. and maybe not as well maintained, I got offered $1500. ----

I feel insurance companies are screwing Caliornians at both ends of the stick... and moving out of Los Angeles looks better with every month that passes.

Malibu, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2007 09:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/21st-Century/Woodland-Hills-California/21st-Century-Insurance-Company-Said-the-50-increase-was-because-state-wont-honor-ticket-f-1034361. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 21st Century