Complaint Review: 21st Mortgage Corp - TN

• Updated: Fri, April 30, 2010

• Reported By: md ca — Niland California USA
21st Mortgage Corp - TN
620 market street suite100 knoxville, Tennessee United States of America

21st Mortgage Corp - TN 21st insurance lies , misrepresentation,rude and poor customer service knoxville, Tennessee

In january 2008 I purchased a mobile home and financed ti through 21st mortgage. I was quoted one interest rate, but my contract had a higher rate by 2 percentage points. They gave a lot of double talk about simple interest and apr,etc. Since I had already signed a purchase agreement and made the down payment, which 21st required before sending the agreement. They also required I set up automatic payments and purchase insurance through their agency, 21st insurance. They tried to set up an escrow account by not sending an insurance bill, but I insisted on paying the total amount up front. Over the next two years I made extra payments, requesting a current balance, but never received any response. Anytime I called all I ever got was more runaround and rude service. On february 22, 2010 I payed the balance off in full. It took three weeks to get my title and paid contract.

On March 30th 2010 I received a call from 21 insurance saying they had to cancel my insurance since I no longer had a loan with them, and needed a letter form me authorizing it, or they would have to rewrite it at a higher rate. I sent the letter and called to find out when the cancellation would be effective, and they told me it had been cancelled on february 22, 2010 when I paid off the loan. So I was actually uninsured for over a month and didn't know it. The policy was actually issued  by an outside company.when I contacted them all they knew was the policy had been cancelled .To add to the problem, an earthquake occured 50 miles from my home and I had to wait to get earthquake insurance. As of this date I still have no refund on my policy. I would avoid this company in the future and advise anyone reading this to do the same. They are by far the worst company I have done business with.

Mel, california

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2010 01:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/21st-Mortgage-Corp-TN/knoxville-Tennessee-37902/21st-Mortgage-Corp-TN-21st-insurance-lies-misrepresentationrude-and-poor-customer-ser-598689. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 21st Mortgage Corp - TN