Complaint Review: 21st Mortgage Corporation

• Submitted: Thu, February 12, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, June 24, 2009

• Reported By:Eure North Carolina
21st Mortgage Corporation
620 Market Street Knoxville, Tennessee U.S.A.

21st Mortgage Corporation They demanded to know where our money for the payment is coming from. Almost bullying us for payment, they also wants to be called every week. We have send 2 payments in the last 2 weeks, now we just owe for Feb. 09's payment. Knoxville Tennessee

*Consumer Comment: 21st Century Methods

*UPDATE Employee: Comment

*Author of original report: 21st Mortgage, Knoxville, TN

Our loan was picked up by 21st Mortgage a couple of years ago, it was carried by Greentree/Conseco finance. We have always called and gave them a check by phone for late payments. I try to explained everything to the rep (Mark). My husband is disabled, and I was operating in home child care. Recently things has gotten a little worse for us. We owed a couple of late payments. We sent a payment 1-30-09 & 2-11-09, each payment by money gram. Tonight we were contacted by the rep and we told him that we would pay the Feb payment before the month's end. That was not good enough for him. He demanded to know where the money is coming from, cause as he puts it "it has to be in his records". They wants us to contact them each week, as if we are going to run. At this point we only owe a payment for Feb. 09. If seems that we are being bullied for these payments. They told us they were sending someone out to see what condition this mobile home is in. The rep said they treat all their customers the way they are treating us.

This company is a piece of work to say the least.

Corine
Eure, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2009 08:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/21st-Mortgage-Corporation/Knoxville-Tennessee-37902/21st-Mortgage-Corporation-They-demanded-to-know-where-our-money-for-the-payment-is-coming-423575. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 21st Mortgage Corporation

AUTHOR: K Luv & The Sauce - (U.S.A.)

They gave you money so you wouldn't have to save for 30 years to buy a house. You signed your name to a contract and gave your word as a man that you would make the payments on time. Who's not keeping up their end of the bargain here.

21st Century Methods

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

I too had my mortgage sold to 21st. I find the complaints about their numerous phone calls beginning the due date of the payment to be valid. I have been subjected to similar collection methods. I will not judge them too harshly. But I will comment there is a difference between what is legal and what is acceptable behavior. Being threatened with foreclosure for being two weeks late on a payment, I believe skirts the line of legality. I personally hope they collapse when the credit default swaps debacle matures. Remember the Law of the Harvest...you will reap what you sow.

AUTHOR: Silverado - (U.S.A.)

It is the policy of 21st mortgage to only address customer complaints in a confidential discussion with our customer. To appropriately respond to a complaint may require releasing confidential information, which is strictly forbidden under federal privacy regulations. We will attempt to contact the referenced customer to resolve this complaint.

AUTHOR: Corine - (U.S.A.)

I should have had the category as mortgage lenders. I put attorney general thinking it would go to my attorney general. Sorry.