Complaint Review: 21st Mortgage

• Submitted: Mon, July 23, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, August 14, 2008

• Reported By:Las Vegas Nevada
21st Mortgage
620 Market St. Knoxville, Tennessee U.S.A.

21st Mortgage Inadequate positing of payments Ripoff Knoxville Tennessee

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: They rip people off daily

*Author of original report: 21st Mortgage, Knoxville, TN--Lost paymnet again

*UPDATE Employee: Comment

21st Morgage is one of the most inadequate and poorly ran morgage companies that I have ever encountered. Over the past several years after they purchased my loan from Chase Manhattan, they have lost my checks, not posted my payments and they expect me to rectify their mistakes. I decide several years ago to pay my payment online through my bank (so I would not have to pay for a stop payment) and I thought this would fix the problem. NOT!!!!! They have lost the banks checks, not posted them, but cash them as if they are posted. The last incident was July 11, 2007. The bank's check has cleared my account on Juyly 11, 2007 but 21st Mortgage has not posted the payment to my account as of July 23, 2007. My bank called them to telll them that the check had cleared but they wanted me to send them a copy of the front and back of the check, which I did today (July 23, 2007). I enclosed a letter telling them that this would be the last time that I will correct any of their mistakes and they better get their act together if they want to do business with the public.

I even had a call from one their collectors at 5:30 AM asking me if I had sent my payment. I live in the Pacific time zone and I feel that any collector that is in Central or Eastern time zone should have the common sense to subtract the appropriate number of hours to determine the time in that part of the country.

If possible do not do business with this company!!!

Taz
Las Vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2007 03:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/21st-Mortgage/Knoxville-Tennessee-37902/21st-Mortgage-Inadequate-positing-of-payments-Ripoff-Knoxville-Tennessee-262695. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 21st Mortgage

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

They rip people off daily

AUTHOR: Jasonfato - (U.S.A.)

During my employement with them, what you speak of happened on a daily basis!! This is the worst run mortgage company I have worked for. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

21st Mortgage, Knoxville, TN--Lost paymnet again

AUTHOR: Taz - (U.S.A.)

This is an update to the above posting. 21st Mortgage lost my payment again and I had to do a conference call with my bank to get the account paid. They actually asked me to have a direct debit pulled out of my bank account every month. "NOT" I told them that would never happen in this life time. They are not trustworthy. Can you just see them pulling more than one payment from my account each month??? I can.

AUTHOR: Silverado - (U.S.A.)

It is the policy of 21st mortgage to only address customer complaints in a confidential discussion with our customer. To appropriately respond to a complaint may require releasing confidential information, which is strictly forbidden under federal privacy regulations. We will attempt to contact the referenced customer to resolve this complaint.