Complaint Review: 21st Mortgage

• Submitted: Sat, September 13, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, September 22, 2008

• Reported By:Calhoun Georgia
21st Mortgage
620 Market Street, Suite 100 Knoxville, Tennessee U.S.A.

21st Mortgage harrassing mortgage lender 21st mortgage Knoxville Tennessee

*UPDATE Employee: Comment

We bought our home in 1995 through SouthTrust Mobile. When they went bankrupt 21st Mortgage took over. We have never had a problem with our mortgage company before. 21st Mortgage was so friendly when they called to let us know that they were taking over.( Anything we can help you with would be our pleasure.) Just for the first month. We have never been 30 days passed due. Our payment is due on the 1st, on the 3rd of the month on Jonathan starts calling. I tell him that I look forward to hearing from him (not). I called one month to ask for some help because my husband was going to have surgery. I didn't get the help I was looking for. Not only did He start yelling at me, He got another person on the phone to yell at me to.

They told me that we need to turn off our power and water, and to sell our car so that we could make this one payment that we needed help with. I told them that we have 3 young daughters and that just wouldn't possible, so they ever so unpolitely told me that if the whole payment wasn't in by the end of the month that they would br foreclosing. So, after 30 minutes of crying and begging on the phone I told them that I would turn all the utilities off. Only then did they offer to help with only a half of a payment. My husband was out of work for 5 months, thank the Good Lord that we never missed a payment. It has been 7 months, and I still get to talk to him every month. During this process we had to change our phone number due to switching phone companies, Our Mortgage company starting calling my in-laws which have congested heart failure, and strokes all of the time. I called them to let them know that if they caused something to happen to them that my in-laws would get a lawyer. That leads us up to this month. He called me again I told him that we have had some trouble and would be sending my payment in the following week, well lets just say that really ticked him off. He started again about if its not here by the end of the month we will foreclose. I have just about had enough of this mortgage company. I have been diagnosised with depression and anxiety and I just don't know how much more I can take. If any one has any suggestion on this problem feel free to let me know. I don't want to see anyone go through this like we have. It wasn't just the one occasion that I was tagged teamed on the phone.

There has been many times and we wasn't even over our 16 day grace period. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Bbrich
Calhoun, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2008 04:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/21st-Mortgage/Knoxville-Tennessee-37902/21st-Mortgage-harrassing-mortgage-lender-21st-mortgage-Knoxville-Tennessee-372663. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 21st Mortgage

AUTHOR: Silverado - (U.S.A.)

It is the policy of 21st mortgage to only address customer complaints in a confidential discussion with our customer. To appropriately respond to a complaint may require releasing confidential information, which is strictly forbidden under federal privacy regulations. We will attempt to contact the referenced customer to resolve this complaint.