Complaint Review: 22 Bond St

• Updated: Tue, December 18, 2012

• Reported By: MLB — Los Angeles California United States of America
22 Bond St
126 N La Brea Ave Los Angeles, California United States of America

22 Bond St 22 Bond Street 22 bond street, interior design, furniture store Los Angeles, California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This is really uncalled for.

*Consumer Comment: Nice Try...

I briefly went to this high-end furniture store on 11/24. I associated with Tav Kaekul, acting as salesperson for 22 Bond St.

I had Tav Kaekul set aside a variety of items I was mildly interested in. In the high-end retail world, setting aside products for contemplation is the universally accepted standard operating procedure. I was clear I needed my husbands authorization and he had not seen anything. I left Tav my husbands credit card data so I could ask his permission first, but told him not to charge anything until I authorized anything. He accepted. There was absolutely no goods taken from the store, receipts/slips/charges signed, deposits/layaway agreements made.

Later on 11/24 I called the store to tell him my husband wasn't interested in anything, and if I was going to buy anything I would come back with her own credit card, but they were closed. On Sunday 11/25 I stopped by the store and again they were closed.

Monday 11/26 there was over $1,900 charged to my husbands credit card by 22 Bond St., by Tav Kaekul (the total of the items I was interested in was over $3,000 so I don't know how they came to this figure). Tav told me later via text message that he would refund it, and I said I would possibly come back to the store and reconsider buying things once the refund was complete.

Wednesday 11/28 my husband called him asking about the refund to his credit card. He absolutely acknowledged I did not sign anything. He said "My boss is waiting for your wife to come back and buy it". My husband told him it was my decision as I had her own job, life, money; but he didn't want it and he had no authorization to charge his credit card. My husband told him he was sending an email (10:30AM) again requesting a refund, and Tav said he would reply to the email.

Wednesday 11/28 (1:30PM)my husband called again. Tac=v said they were not refunding the money. My husband reminded him he had no authorization to use his credit card, that he never made any purchase, and he told him to file a complaint with his bank. My husband told him he was coming to the store in order to get a copy of any authorization they felt they had. When he got to the store (2:30PM), they locked the door.

Wells Fargo has told us they charged the credit card AS IF IT WEREAN INTERNET PURCHASE. This is in order to execute their no refund policy on their website.

I don't know if the dispute will go in our favor, but the idea someone would make charges for goods never received or requested, then still refuse to remove the charges for goods never received or requested, and never provide evidence that the goods were received or requested, while not overseas outside the reach of the law, is laughable. I do believe Tav Kaekul had personal incentive (commission) and we will also pursue with claims of fraud.

Be very careful about giving any of your financial/personal data to 22 Bond St., or possibly any other retailer Tav Kaekul is representing/working for.

This is entirely true and objectively filed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2012 07:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/22-Bond-St/Los-Angeles-California-90036/22-Bond-St-22-Bond-Street-22-bond-street-interior-design-furniture-store-Los-Angeles-Ca-975401. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 22 Bond St

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This is really uncalled for.

AUTHOR: foofah - (United States of America)

This is really uncalled for.  Let it simply be clear:  We have an A+ rating from our 15 yrs of stellar business conduct, strong long term relationships and personalized, great customer service, all in the same location.  Be weary and look further into who the complainer is. In this day and age of Google, etc. it's easy to see what types of people you are dealing with.

This client, Michelle Braun Berk, came into our showroom and pulled many accessory items from the floor, brought them to the counter, told our rep to ring up, wrap up and run the card as she will pick it up before we close.  We did just that, however, she did not show.  The card had to be run several times in portions because it could not be authorized for a $3000 charge at once.  Only $1900 was able to be collected.  We called again and the client said she was on her way to the showroom to pay the balance and to pick up the items.  She mentioned that her husband was mad at her and that she needed to pay the balance with another card. She never showed again.

We then received calls from her husband demanding a refund.  We simply told him that we needed to speak to his wife first, before canceling the transaction since she was the client and was the one who authorized the purchase.  He said she will call us, which she never did.  After his temper escalated and he showed up at the showroom, one of the executives of the showroom called and let him know that given the odd set of circumstances, we'd be happy to refund him the partial $1900 amount that was collected.

Despite our courteous and prompt response, he proceeded to slander us everywhere he could on the internet.  The client has now decided to go along with her husband, and has back peddled out of her original actions and requests, all documented on our video-audio system.  It is unfortunate that this client and her husband continue to choose this unnecessary route of slanderous abuse of free speech, especially AFTER having cashed the refund check which was issued most promptly.

Can you believe they demanded we fire our employee who helped the client, if we wanted them to consider taking down the negative posts?!  This is the big pitfall with internet reviews or sites that give anyone a platform to power trip on slamming, bullying and blackmailing anyone or a business at their own emotional whim, anonymously or hiding behind a computer screen.

Their great attempts to make it seem like we tried to swindle them for a mere $1900 or even $3000 by inappropriately using their credit card without authorization is laughable and it simply shows that they do NOT know what we are about or what level of transactions we conduct.

This client should not waste their time on us.  There are much better things to do and accomplish.

Nice Try...

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

This is entirely true and objectively filed.
- You were so "objective" and "true" that you very often forgot who you were writing as.

- So which is it are you supposed to authorize it or is your husband?

- Wait a minute...if you have  your own credit card why did you leave your husbands info?  By the way, who is Her?

- There is that "her" again.  So again if you/her/whoever has their own credit card information, job and life why did you/her/whoever use the husband's credit card information?  But even if he did not give authorization, based on your earlier statement you said that you would return with the authorization and nothing about the husband.

and never provide evidence that the goods were received or requested,
- Giving someone credit card information doesn't help your case.    Just how was this given to them?  What did you write this info down on?  Also, how does the husband feel about the wife who apparently has her own life, and income just carrying around his credit card information.

When he got to the store (2:30PM), they locked the door.
- So just how did they know that the person who was about to come in the store was the husband?  Did they just take a lucky guess or do they make it a habit of rushing to the door and locking it before they let any customers in?