Complaint Review: 22 Bond St.

• Submitted: Wed, November 28, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, November 28, 2012

• Reported By: JSB — Los Angeles California United States of America
22 Bond St.
126 North La Brea Avenue Los Angeles, CA 90036 Los Angeles, California United States of America

22 Bond St. Tav Design, Tav Kaekul fales, forced, unauthorized charges Los Angeles, California

My briefly wife went to this high-end furniture store 11/24. She associated with Tav Kaekul, acting as sales person for 22 Bond Street or designer/agent, Tav Designs.

She had Tav Kaekul set aside a variety of items she was mildly interested in. In the high-end retail world, setting aside products for contemplation is the universally accepted standard operating procdure. She was clear she needed my authorization and I had not seen anything. She left Tav my ccard data so she could ask my permission first, but told him not to charge anything until I authorized anything. He accepted. There was absolutely no goods taken from the store, receipts/slips/charges signed, deposits/layaway agreements made.

Later on 11/24 she called him to tell him not to charge anything and if she was going to buy anything, she would come back with her own credit card.

Monday 11/26 there was over $1900 charged to my credit card by 22 Bond Street, by Tav Kaekul; despite him telling her he would not do it. [continued below]....
..... He told her later via the phone he would refund it, and she said she would possibly come back to the store a reconsider buying things.

Wednesday 11/28 I called him asking about the refund to my credit card. He absolutely acknowledged I did not sign anything. He said "My boss is waiting for your wife to come back and buy it". I told him it was her decision as she had her own job, life, money; but I didn't want it he had no authorization. I told him I was sending an email (10:30AM) again requesting it. and he said he would reply to email.

Wednesday 11/28 (1:30PM) I called again He said they were not refunding the money. I reminded him he had no authorization to use my credit card, that I never made any purchase, and he told me to file a complaint with my bank. I told him I was coming to the store in order to get a copy of any authorization they felt they had. When I got to the store (2:30PM), he locked the door.

Wells Fargo has told me they charged the card AS IF IT WAS AN INTERNET PURCHASE. This is in order to execute their no refund policy.

I don't know if the dispute will go in my favor, but the idea someone would make the charge for goods never received or requested, then still refuse to remove the charges for goods never received or requested, and never provide evidence that the goods were received or requested, while not overseas outside the reach of the law, is laughable. I do believe Tav Kaekul had personal incentive (commission) and will also pursue with claims of fraud.

Be very careful about giving any of your financial/personal data to 22 Bond St, or possibly any other retailer Tav Kaekul is repping/working for.

This is entirely true and objectively filed

Los Angeles, CA

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2012 06:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/22-Bond-St/Los-Angeles-California-90036/22-Bond-St-Tav-Design-Tav-Kaekul-fales-forced-unauthorized-charges-Los-Angeles-Calif-975225. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 22 Bond St.