Complaint Review: 220 Marketing

• Updated: Wed, February 20, 2013

• Reported By: Colo1 — Arvada Colorado USA
220 Marketing
3405 Kenyon St #501 San Diego, California United States of America

220 Marketing BEWARE: There is no trial offer. There is no cancellation without paying several hundred dollars. San Diego, California

*Consumer Comment: Never been so dissatisfied

*UPDATE Employee: RE: 220 Marketing Beware

There is no trial offer, there is no way to preview what your site will look like. You must pay a fee whether you use their services or not. And then they bill monthly after taking the cancellation fee. These folks are crooks!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2013 12:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/220-Marketing/San-Diego-California-92110/220-Marketing-BEWARE-There-is-no-trial-offer-There-is-no-cancellation-without-paying-se-1011783. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 220 Marketing

Never been so dissatisfied

AUTHOR: HOWE - (USA)

So to start off, I feel that the employees that work there are very kind and don't harass or push you to buy their product. The 1st complaint I have is the promised several post a week with a social media package and website package but after paying several hundred dollars I have received no deals and very few reactions on my Facebook. After being with them for several months my websites still remains half done but i was told that 220 was going to do my website. I'm trying to figure out why I'm paying each month for their service but I'm given a 45 min meeting every week or longer? To tell me how to fix my SEO or how my Facebook posts have nothing even remotely good to draw clients in but I'm still paying hundreds monthly. Was marketing Consulting, it is not a recurring thing but a long-lasting meeting after meeting after meeting to be told the same thing or not get any kind of understanding of where to go. I hired them to do this for me because I don't want to deal with it. I have to wait almost a week or more to get the next meeting when we really need to have it continually during the week. There was a time where I was unable to make a couple of the appointment and it took nearly a month to get me back on the schedule but they wouldn't credit me any of the money back. It it really seems that they are trying to extend it out as long as slow as possible to make sure that they get as much money as possible out of you. I think I will call in on Monday and cancel my service even if it cost me $200.

RE: 220 Marketing Beware

AUTHOR: 220MarketingGroup - (United States of America)

This report is inaccurate and reflects a flurry of emotions from this client rather then stating what had taken place all of which I'll clarify below. Please note that this customer had started with a charge back claim from his credit card company and the credit card company cleared us of the services we had provided and granted us the money. After this happened, the customer followed up with threats of bad reviews on the internet if we refused to pay him back.

Everything we create is customized to each customer. Several people including sales reps, web developers, marketers and customer service reps "touch" each website before it goes live. There is a cost to build the site and just because you simply changed your mind after this process doesn't mean that work hasn't been done.

This customer had went through our order form which clearly states a one year agreement. There is no way for the sales representative to side step the terms and conditions when going through the order process. We also record new customer "sign up's" for quality control and are fully aware of what was said on that phone call, all which were accurate.

There were no fee's charged after the customer cancelled their service with us. You were charged a setup fee and a cancellation fee and that was all.

We have been in business for almost 7 years and maintain relationships with thousands of customers, all of which are extremely happy with what we do. We will not give in to "YST" (Yelling Screaming and Threatening) of a customer.

Any business owner or individual that works in customer service will tell you that being polite and calm about a complaint will typically be resolved much more quickly and effectively then picking up the phone and screaming at people whilst trying to intimidate them. This is true for any business. If you're unhappy with a service or something that you've purchased, simply making a phone call and asking for a resolution will yield far better results then what was attempted here. Threatening, instilling fear and bullying is not only found bothersome by businesses, but also consumers who want to have great relationships with the company they work with.