Complaint Review: 220 Marketing

• Submitted: Tue, August 31, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, July 13, 2012

• Reported By: CA Mortgage Co — Santa Cruz California United States of America
220 Marketing
220 Group LLC 3405 Kenyon St. Suite 501 San Diego, California United States of America

220 Marketing Call off your rude hard-sell salesmen San Diego, California

*Consumer Comment: Great Experience So Far

*UPDATE Employee: RE: Sad but true!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Sad but true!

Rude, over-promising, pushy salesmen says it all.

I am so sick of getting a call from a rude salesman every couple of months. Every time I ask them to stop calling me and they do not. They get on my website, call me, and tell me how much better of a website they can offer me, and leads, leads leads. That's their solution and we all know how out dated and low quality "leads" are.

The first time they called I asked specifically how they would get me more closed loans and how I would show up on search results, the sales guy could not answer specifically, instead, just gave me a hard core sales pitch and told me to sign up while I was on the phone with him . Once that happened I asked that they remove me from their list. That didn't happen.

They still call, it's always a different guy but the same hard sell which is so rude and pushy. All they have to offer is a shell of a website and "leads" which don't pan out to closed loans. Friends in the industry have used them, got trapped with them for a year, didn't get one closed loan and switched back when they finally could, they called it a nightmare like they were held hostage - after 220 Marketing pushed them into the site they got nothing out of it but could not break their contract.

Once again, the calls started from 220 this week. My website is great, I'm happy with it, so stop going to it and calling me 220 jerks! We'll see if they remove my phone number THIS time.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2010 12:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/220-Marketing/San-Diego-California-92110/220-Marketing-Call-off-your-rude-hard-sell-salesmen-San-Diego-California-636062. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 220 Marketing

Great Experience So Far

AUTHOR: Peter - ()

I am not affiliated with 220 Marketing.  I am a consumer that is evaluating whether or not to use their services.

I felt compelled to respond to this complaint, which from the research that I've done, is obviously false.

I just had my 2nd follow up call yesterday, and was NOT pressured at all.  The approach was consultative.  The sales guy went through my options, explained why their system was better than buyng leads, gave me the timeline of when to expect leads.  Explained that if I had a budget to do Google Adwords, that would accelerate things, etc.  And he was very upfront about the 1 year commitment and why it was in place.

Today, I called a few of their existing customers to get an idea of their experience directly.  Both had nothing but great things to say about their experience and service.

I will follow up, if I decide to use their service.

Good luck.

RE: Sad but true!

AUTHOR: 220MarketingGroup - (United States of America)

This past week, 220 Marketing Group celebrated its 6th year anniversary. Businesses in an industry such as ours wouldn't be able to keep their doors open this long by misleading, and/or burning their customers.

Anyone that's received a call from our marketing consultants would know that we have a two step process. On our first call we'll try and identify areas of opportunity where we can help a customer (typically no longer than a 10 minute conversation), and should the potential customer agree that there is an opportunity for us to help them with their business, we set up a second follow up call to have an in depth conversation which lasts about 45 minutes. All expectations are set ahead of time, and the entire discussion is consultative. I find it ironic that someone would leave a complaint suggesting that they were pressured into buying a product, when a product consultation wouldn't have even occurred until the second call (which they would have agreed to and shown up for). This leads us to believe that this report, as well as the response are both from a former employee.

In response to the "Sad But True" comment made by a former employee;
We're concerned about this users response for several reasons.
1. The comments seem to be the result of a bitter divorce from a former team member who most likely enjoyed working here and is upset their employment was discontinued. Someone who didn't care about their job simply wouldn't have taken the time to pu the effort of typing a response.
2. If someone felt strongly that the product they were offering was bogus, why would they have maintained their employment here? As someone who cares about the success of others, they would have concluded that this job wasn't for them let alone accepting employment.
3. There is no pressure sales involved in what we do. It does not result in the sustainable business we are looking for and it hurts the reputation of a company. The one year agreement is a very clear expectation we cover with the customer through out the signing process. It's the first thing a customer will see on their screen as they walk through the signup form.

We are aware of a former employee who decided to start a competing company and has gone to great lengths to take our customers, employees and blemish our reputation.

Simply put, if you'd like to learn more about 220 Marketing and the people who work here, you can check us out on Facebook. We could put paragraphs of responses together, but none would equal the expressions and images of how much everyone enjoys working here. It would be hard to have 40+ team members buy into a skeptical business practice and enjoy it for the 6 years we've been in business.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Sad but true!

AUTHOR: Client Advocate - (United States of America)

I'm an ex-employee of 220 Marketing and I'm here to say this report is 100% true, unfortunately.  I was one of these hard ball "don't take no for an answer" sales associates trained by the owner of the company himself.  The company is not at all interested in the development or growth of the clients and their businesses!  All they care about are their 3 steps to getting paid, or as I call it "3 steps to not getting fired" ...

1. Getting the client to say yes after the demo for a marketing package and pressuring them into giving their credit card info right then
2. Misleading clients into signing a one year contract because it's "industry standard" which is not true, none of their competitors make you sign a contract.
3. Bullying the client when they request to cancel into believing it's their fault that they are not getting any results out of their marketing plan, when in fact everything that was promised at the point of sale is not getting done behind the scenes.  Instead they will offer to up-sell you another service that won't work.

If you're not turned away by now, please think twice.  My recommendation to get them to stop calling, register your phone number on the Do Not Call List and then file a report so they will get fined.  Their "Sales Lead" tells them that there is no such thing as a Do Not Call List for business to business, which is somewhat true, but nonetheless we are not calling "businesses," we are targeting self employed individuals such as Realtors, Insurance agents or Mortgage Loan Officers and calling their CELL phone/mobile/personal lines.

There are plenty more shady practices but this is just the tip of the iceberg!  Good luck consumers!