Complaint Review: 22nd century media

• Updated: Sun, September 15, 2013

• Reported By: nancy c — Alsip Illinois
22nd century media
11516 W 183rd St orland park, Illinois USA

22nd century media scammed !paid for advertisements for my business but company placed ad under help wanted ! orland park Illinois

I was ripped off for over a year ! Starting in 2010 I weekly ads for my business with this unprofessional company, starting last year my sales representative Darryl  starting placing my business  ad under help wanted column.  Started receiving tons of job seekers all of sudden , when I will tell callers there's no positions are available , I'm asked why did I place ad in papers for help wanted . So finally I went found one of the paper's , look at ad , sure enough ad directly under help wanted !  So I called sales representative Darryl , to complained  about where my ad is listed . Daryll tried to convince me , that everyone including myself is looking at ad wrong , he indicated that the ad is under the help wanted column , but actually under ad number for services offered .

When I couldn't get anywhere with him regarding problem , I talked to his superiors Naomi and the owner Andrew . Explained to each of them , anyone looking at the ad , will immediately assumed the ad is help wanted instead of for services offered . Andrew and Naomi assured me , the problem will be corrected , what a joke ! They even promised me , they will mail me the paper each week , so I can see the ad is in the correct column .that never happened ! So needlessly to say , problem never gotten corrected ! After 4 months of calling the unprofessional  idiots , asking and begging them to send paper out as promised .

They did decided to turned on me completely , last time I talked to Darryl , about why they still haven't  sent me the paper , he stated to me it was to expensive to mail me the paper , so after 3 years of being a loyal customer . I wasn't worth a stamp. Told him he didn't have to send entire paper , just the ad,  he than say to me 22nd century media have customers who pay $ 2, 000 each month for advertisements . So they're not willing to do anything to correct my problem ! Explained to him all customers should be treated equally , shouldn't matter if my ad isn't $ 2000 a month.  Left several messages for the owner Andrew to report the rude and  unprofessional comments from Darryl , but Andrew , never returned my phone calls .

So on Friday September 13th 2013 , I decided to call once again , to request copy of paper .Naomi indicated to me they do not plan on sending me any papers , and rudely told me to take my business else where ! She Andrew told her to tell me that . then she hung up the phone on me !  I couldn't believe she said this to me  ! So I called back Jeff answered phone , I explained to him the conversation I've just had with Naomi , and that she hung up on me . He said he didn't know why she said that to me , and asked me to hold on , after 10 minutes jeff came back on the phone , he said he also was informed my Andrew , they will no longer do business with  me .but meanwhile,  these crooks continue charging my credit card each week, even  charged my card the same day I was told they will no longer except business from me .I had to call my bank to inform the bank of the scam !

Bottom line 22nd century media , doesn't have a clue about good customer service ! Rather than correct the problem with my ad, they decided to disrespect me, treat like they did me a favor , by placing my ad  under the wrong column , causing me to lose potential business for several months ! If these unprofessional jokers treat all their customers like they treated me, just a matter of time before they will be out of business !! It's clearly Andrew need to to seminars about running a business.  and realize even customers who are paying  $96 a month .is just as important as customers paying $ 2, 000 a month all customers should receive good customer service , respect .at the end of the day , even the $96 a month customers will help keep him in business ! They all need to learn people skills !!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2013 12:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/22nd-century-media/orland-park-Illinois-60467/22nd-century-media-scammed-paid-for-advertisements-for-my-business-but-company-placed-ad-1084614. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 22nd century media