Complaint Review: 23andMe

• Updated: Sat, May 25, 2013

• Reported By: Mary J. Johnson — detroit Michigan
23andMe
1390 Shorebird Way Mountain View, Select State/Province USA

23andMe THIS COMPANY IS A RIPOFF! AVOID THIS COMPANY! THEY ARE SCAMMING YOU!! THEY ARE FAKE!! Mountain View california

23ANDME !!SCAMMED ME OUT OF $99!! GET YOUR MONEY BACK NOW!!! DON'T TRUST THEM!! I was in shock when I bought my kit. I paid $99 for a genetic test kit that is supposed to tell me what I will most likely die from about a year ago. My test results showed that I was a possible candidate for heart disease. I am only about 80 pounds overweight and feel just fine. As soon as I noticed the other Ripoff Reports I realized that I too was scammed by 23andMe.com. I am going to call them and get my money back for the bogus test they provided me. 23AndMe.com should be shut down. I noticed many other websites with complaints, cease and diciest orders, and more against 23andMe.

THEY USE THE QUESTIONER TO MAKE UP RESULTS. HOW DO I KNOW? I ASKED SOMEONE THAT WORKS THERE AND THEY TOLD ME.

Possibly if 23andMe was accredited or approved by a reputable consumer protection website (such as this one) then, I can trust their results. As long as they are not approved by this website they should be avoided. I will wait to see how they respond and what happens.

Thank goodness for this website's ability to allow me to speak my mind freely without any fear of retribution. Websites like this one protect us from genetic scammer's who make up results in order to make us pay for nothing. I couldn’t care less if this report makes them shut their doors forever! I don't care that it can never be removed! I'm not happy and I want my $99 back!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/25/2013 06:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/23andMe/Mountain-View-Select-StateProvince-94043/23andMe-THIS-COMPANY-IS-A-RIPOFF-AVOID-THIS-COMPANY-THEY-ARE-SCAMMING-YOU-THEY-ARE-F-1053900. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 23andMe