Complaint Review: 24-HR Fitness

24-HR Fitness
Internet, California United States of America

24-HR Fitness Reactivated a closed account fraudulently! Internet, California

*UPDATE Employee: Sorry for your experience

I signed up for 24-HR Fitness, planning to start working out. I went ONE time, but got so dizzy on the machine (due to health reasons) that I never went back. I paid for several more months, then figured out that I would never go back. It was too embarrassing. I went in and CANCELLED my membership. I know this for a fact, because the gal looked up my history and was able to see I had only been one time, yet paid for the many months. I got the paperwork, and all was done. Or so I thought.

Several months later, I realized that I had been being billed by 24-HR Fitness for the previous 5 months!! When I went in to be reimbursed, I was told that I had only put my account on "hold". That is not true!! I would have known this and would have told the gal that I was closing my account. Of course I was not given a refund and have paid 24-HR Fitness for a good year of payments even though I attended ONE TIME....!!  I will never step foot in that place again for their sneaky ways. I warn everyone now about going there, so many of my friends have joined other, more honest fitness places.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2013 09:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/24-HR-Fitness/Internet-California-/24-HR-Fitness-Reactivated-a-closed-account-fraudulently-Internet-California-1004527. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 24-HR Fitness

Sorry for your experience

AUTHOR: Andrea- 24 Hour Fitness - (United States of America)

We are very sorry to hear about your negative experience, and would love the opportunity to assist further. If you could direct message me with your name and previous member#, I can research this ASAP. I apologize for not including contact information but this forum does not allow us to post that.