Complaint Review: 24 Hour Fitness Center

• Updated: Wed, April 26, 2006

• Reported By:Beaumont Texas
24 Hour Fitness Center
Spring, Texas U.S.A.

24 Hour Fitness Center ripoff Impossible to cancel membership. When will it ever end Spring Texas

*Consumer Comment: What is it with gyms?

*Consumer Comment: I couldn't agree with you more

Been trying to cancel. 3 phone calls, 2 in-person visits, over an hour on-hold. Paid 1st and last months fees when I joined. They're still billing me and it's been almost 60 days since I got a written statement of cancellation. It's better to pay twice as much at a reputable gym than to pay those thieves at 24. How can a company get away with this?

Doc
Beaumont, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2006 07:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/24-Hour-Fitness-Center/Spring-Texas/24-Hour-Fitness-Center-ripoff-Impossible-to-cancel-membership-When-will-it-ever-end-Sprin-174163. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 24 Hour Fitness Center

What is it with gyms?

AUTHOR: Giselle - (U.S.A.)

I swear, every gym I've ever been a member of has tried to make it impossible for me to cancel membership. And yeah, the desk monkeys will either give conflicting (and incorrect) information or will say "I dunno" when asked how to cancel a memberhip. The last gym I belonged to (name of gym irrelevant), I delived a cancellation notice in person, I sent a copy via trackable method AND sent a copy to their home office via trackable method. I also faxed the d**n thing. I kept copies of all my "proof of receipt", made careful notes about who I talked to, when and what was said and when the jerks still claimed they hadn't received any cancellation notices from me, I informed them as to all my "proof" and whadda ya know? they suddenly found a copy of my letter and cancel the d**n account immediately.

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

My folks went through that crap. They sent them a certified letter, return receipt requested. That stopped the clock. They wouldn't take it verbally, at the club or over the phone even though they tried twice. They had to contest the last couple of months with their credit card company. Hope it helps.

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

I couldn't agree with you more

AUTHOR: D. - (U.S.A.)

I have been a member for three year and over the past year have had the worst time getting anyone at their corporate office to help out. Whenever you call the customer service desk, the standard answer is "I don't know", I'd like to know what they do know and go from there.